Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ladies, the calgon talk has been going on for sometime now and I have read your continued positive reviews. I think it is time for me to do some "testing" of it.

Where can I find it?
I hear calgon and I think of the commercial for the bubble bath stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am Calgoning as we speak.

I looked high and low in my town for it-Target, 2 grocery stores, and finally found it as a Super sized grocery store in the laundry aisle with all the additives like Borax, starches, and stain removers.

Hoping to de-stink some stinkedy dipes here too.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Where can I find it?

Quote:
I hear calgon and I think of the commercial for the bubble bath stuff
I keep thinking the same thing- I felts stupid asking- glad to know I am not alone! Hee Hee

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Ok, this is what I did:
Found Calgon at my grocery store in the detergent aisle with Borax...
Turned my water heater waaaaay up.
Put 1/4 c Calgon and 1/4 c All Free and Clear in washer
Washed twice
Hung to dry
Put dipes in dryer for 10 min with herbal sachet

Presto! No more stink!They smell GOOD! And believe me, it was BAD!!!

Good luck

T Crayon: you live in the UP? Isn't is lovely? We have a house in Copper Harbor!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I found it at Walmart in the laundry isle. It was tricky to find because it was on the very bottom shelf and there were only a few bottles. It's under the stain removers.

I've used it a couple of times but honestly..I haven't noticed any difference. Maybe my dipes are just too new?! (no stains)

HTH

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Quote:
I found it at Walmart in the laundry isle. It was tricky to find because it was on the very bottom shelf and there were only a few bottles.
Same here and they were like all pushed to the back. And for some reason my Wal-Mart never has the RLR that everyone talks about.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Not to treadjack, but what is RLR? I keep hearing about it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
In Israel it's easy to fimd. Everyone uses it regularely, but they advertise it here against lime buildup from the hardwater in your washing machine. (Most machnes here have a water heater built in and they use the machine heats the water alone. They only have a connection from the cold water tap to the machine). I thought that's what it was for. What does it do that takes away the stink??? Just curious.

Dahlia

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dahlia
In Israel it's easy to fimd. Everyone uses it regularely, but they advertise it here against lime buildup from the hardwater in your washing machine. (Most machnes here have a water heater built in and they use the machine heats the water alone. They only have a connection from the cold water tap to the machine). I thought that's what it was for. What does it do that takes away the stink??? Just curious.

Dahlia
here is a link to Calgon, http://homesolutionsnews.com/rbdocs/us/calgon/ I still remember the old commercial "ancient chinese secret" LOLROF when the woman asks how he got her laundry so white and clean.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The one up here Lo, by me? We were out almost all day yesterday and we have a huge to do list for today, but if it is that close I can sneak away for a few minutes
I know we need some ice cream or something sweet and fattening right :LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by lolov
Linda,

Albertsons has it tooo... laundry aisle, top shelf (i think). Walmart has it cheaper, though

hth...

Lo

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Albertsons does not, here. Walmart does...look for the rainbow. Last time they only had liquid.

RLR is in a hanging package, sort of out-of-place looking.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am assuming the stink you guys are talking about is from build up. I am having some problems with wicking on covers that should not be wicking and thought I would strip them.
The calgon you guys are talking about is the calgon water softner right? I have been looking for it and totally out of luck, but I will try walmart again. If I am totally off base just tell me and I will do a search for "stripping". which I probably should do anyway haha
Caroline

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.