Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please recommend some affordable diapers for my friend who is starting her stash? Her are the specs:
36 diapers
One dozen each kind

She is looking for:

Pocket dipes
AIOs
Fitteds with Covers (Cover + fitted = one dipe in this equation)

Here are her preferences:

Snaps
Side Snapping
Cute! Not too boring

(These are not deal breakers
)

She is using service and wants to stop it asap. She's trying to get together an instant stash that she will be happy with.
Thanks, all!
Lauren

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Well for price, you can't beat Little Lambs. Extremely economical, side snapping, and cute.

Is she opposed to getting package deals, like from any of the retailers? Babies in the sun, natural babies, etc?

·
Registered
464 Posts
So many choices, and everyone has their favorites.

An instant stash might be difficult w/wahm products since so many are in limited supply.

I like chumbas supertrim aio's a lot. There are a few instock now. Babysoftwraps are great but in short supply.

FB are always a favorite of ours, and are readily available. Stuff size med. w/green stitching prefold for a light wetter. I like the hemp fleece stuffers at babynaturale.com. Hemparoo prefolds make great stuffers too, esp. night time.

I have not tried butterflykisses, but she has some instock right now.

My favorite fitteds are bodinks, but I don't think they are available now.
Liz'sCloth has some prints and are side snapping.

Covers - Rikkis fits over many types of fitteds, Bumpys too. Bummis siww comes in velcro and snaps. I don't have any wahm covers.

There is always a variety of things on the TP.

HTH a wee bit.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I love Apron Strings Baby Things! They are snaps, and soooo cute! Aldo, Ellas Diapers are very nice, however they are aplix. Fb work well for us, but I know other people don't think they fit as well. I know Ellas and FB can be ordered pretty easily, but AS is not taking orders right now.

sarah

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
For fitteds she ought to try Sugarbums print diapers. They're hemp and a cute outter print for a great price. Heidi also sells covers of all sorts, she even sells AIOs too. I know there's a link up in the review section. Her prices are very affordable and her products are very absorbent and fit great. Her turn around time is usually less than a week for custom orders, at least when I ordered.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
feebee- she has dappi covers (w/ babies r us label) in them right now. That's why she wants snaps- the aplix is chafing her ds. I had the same problem with my dappis. Anyway, she has sworn off all aplix at least in covers, b/c it's not worth getting any more that doesn't work for her, kwim? I am not afraid to try new aplix closures b/c I have some that are awesome- like my honey boysm but she is a new CDing mama and scared to get a bunch of something that will hurt her ds like the last time.

I AM, however going to dye my old dappis now though!
Thanks for the info, everyone- Liz, we are looking at some Liz's Cloth, I am going to email you for suggestions.

Lauren

·
Registered
376 Posts
I second the Sugarbums and Liz's cloth. I also want to mention www.lucyshopechest.com She has nice fitteds, aio's, covers, and a HUGE fabric selection for the cuteness factor. It is all custom order, and her turn around time is REALLY fast(ships in like 2 days after order is placed!)
I have a chubby ds, and cannot stand aplix as well. I just started using the *SO SIMPLE* cover by Stacinator(all other stacinator covers leave red marks on ds's legs), and a *BEARBOTTOMS* fleece soaker which is thick yet trim imo.
Got the bearbottoms at www.snuggleroo.com and the so simple at www.naturalebaby.com.
Wool soakers are awesome for chubby babies as well. An organic wool soaker from www.tinytush.com is my favorite for night. I also like my aristocrats.
hth
Jenn

·
Registered
315 Posts
I love Lucy's Hope Chest also for fitteds, AIOs and fast turnaround time. (I am also a side snaps gal and that's what she sells.) I second (third?) the recommendation for Apron Strings for pocket diapering but she is not making anything right now. Maybe some can be found on the TP?

Beth, Mom to Benji (3/23/00) and Maggie (1/24/03)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Just got home and saw the replies... I need to clarify; I was referring to Dappi nylon pull-on pants, not a velcro or aplix wrap. The Dappi pull-ons are made of nylon taffeta and have no closures whatsoever as they simply pull-on.

Sorry I wasn't more clear! I hate the Dappi velcro wraps too!

·
Premium Member
5,126 Posts
Liz's Cloth AIO's are great and come in cute prints- and as a bonus just add a doubler (fleece topped for us) and it's perfect for overnight.

I also second the snug to fit supremes for a good economical fitted- not the cutest (they're white) or the most awesome, but they are good diapers and have lasted us a year so far (they are one size). I do add a doubler if I'm going out or don't want to change him after 1 1/2.

Luke's Drawers also makes nice fitteds and AIO's- I just got some used and like them.

Kristi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.