Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you get your prefolds?

What kind do you have? - chinese, indian, bleached, unbleached, dyed, etc?

Which ones are your favorite and why? Or do you love them all equally?

I'm a huge prefold fan and have bought them a few times. I've noticed quite a variation from one place to the next over the years and wonder if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I've bought my assortment of prefolds from Natural Babies(b & ubcpf), Earth Baby(bcpf), Natural E Baby(ubcpf), BumWrap(dyed ipf), and I also have some ubipf but I can't for the life of me remember where I got them(CottonBabies maybe?).

I love all the prefolds I've tried for one reason or another. I can't choose an overall favorite. I know typically that most people say that ub is softer than b and that indian is softer than chinese. But.. My absolute softest diapers have been the bleached cpfs that I got at Earth Baby. Next to those are the ubcpfs I got from Natural E Baby(anyone remember them?) Next to those are the indians. The least soft and least quilty ones are the ones I got from Natural Babies. It's not that they're not soft(still love them), but they're just not quite as soft and quilty as the others. They didn't seem to shrink/fluff up quite as much as the others. I've bought cpfs from them several different times in all sizes, and they're always this way compared to other cpfs in same sizes from elsewhere. They come in handy when my babies are getting too big for the more quilty, more shrunk ones. Even though the ones from Natural Babies aren't as quilty they seem to be just as absorbent and maybe a tad more durable feeling.

Any other prefold fans out there that notice little variations like these? Or am I just crazy?
:

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I noticed a difference when I was buying from other places. i have some that are more quilty than others, and I have some that are different sizes, etc. I have been using indian prefolds lately and I think those have become my favorite.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I love my CPF's they have been in constant use for over a year and they are still soft and pillowly I got them at katieskisses.com

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My favorite ones are Tiny Birds organic colorgrown PFs. www.tinybirdsorganics.com

I have all types of PFs (IPF, CPF, sherpa, sherpa/velour) and none compare to the Tiny Birds. They are super soft like nothing I have ever felt, and they hold more liquid than any diaper I have ever seen. Plus they are brown so they show no stains, and pins slide through them like hot butter.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I have some ub Chinese, indian and dyed pf's and I
them all. I have preemies, infants, premiums and a couple of toddlers. Some I got from the TP here, other's from granitesmith on ebay and some from timeforachange.org and other's from another wahm diaper store I just can't think of the name now. I've also noticed variations, especially with the indians. Maybe it's just cause some are older than other's. I don't know but they have all lasted a long time and will work well for another baby.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought the majority of my CPF's from a seller on ebay granitesmith (I think that was her user name) but she's since passed away. I also got some used Indian prefolds from Shandelle at Funny Farm Creations that I absolutely love!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I LOVE LOVE my prefolds from http://zensicallife.com/ (i think they have changed their name)

They are soooo soft, the softest fluffiest prefolds Ive ever had, she says there CPF, but they seem so much nicer than CPF, more soft and without colored stitching.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amberthesugarcat
My favorite ones are Tiny Birds organic colorgrown PFs. www.tinybirdsorganics.com

I have all types of PFs (IPF, CPF, sherpa, sherpa/velour) and none compare to the Tiny Birds. They are super soft like nothing I have ever felt, and they hold more liquid than any diaper I have ever seen. Plus they are brown so they show no stains, and pins slide through them like hot butter.
Yup...those are my favorite, too.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have bleached and unbleached CPFs from green mountain diapers and from granitesmith on ebay.

My favorites are the unbleached regulars (white edge) from GMD. They are SO SOFT and I really like the thinner ones better than the premiums.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use primarily my ubipf for diapering. I have cpf also, and to tell you the truth they are just as soft as the ipf. I just use cpf for burpcloths because I can tell them apart by color. I have noticed a difference in quality even sometimes when buying from the same place.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I've tried unbleached Chinese prefolds from Natural Babies and unbleached Indian prefolds from Montanas Diaper Store. I prefer the Indian prefolds, they are softer.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I've tried a lot of different kinds of prefolds over the course of diapering 2 kids, many of them used so I don't know where they came from. ITA that the ubcpfs I got from Naturalbabies were not soft and didn't quilt much. But I bought some regular size ubcpfs from Treecitydiapers that were awesomely soft and quilty, and some toddler ubcpfs from Weebees that were very soft. I've had some bleached CPFs (nearly all bought used) that were uber-soft, and others that weren't very soft at all. The few ub indian pfs I've had were super soft - about the same as the UBCPFs I got from Treecitydiapers and the old bleached CPFs that I got used. I currently have white cpfs that were bought from little-lions.com (I bought them used, but this is where the seller told me she got them), and they're in-between in terms of softness. The organic under the nile pfs are a knit jersey outer, which is very soft, but not snappi-friendly. The organic birdseye pfs from littlesproutsdiapers are fluffy but not very soft. Can't wait to try the TinyBirds organic prefolds, after your raves!

The other variation that bugs me between different prefolds is how wide the center panel is and how well they trifold. Some have a center panel that is too wide (the Naturalbabies ubcpfs and little sprouts organic cpfs were like this) and it's hard to trifold them.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amberthesugarcat

OMG! I just love that brown color ! little chocolate baby bottom ! yum. I'll have to try some of these!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hmmm you ladies are giving me lots to think about! This is my first baby and I bought all my prefolds and covers through Nikkis diapers. They are bleached
-because I didn't pay attention when I ordered or I would have bought unbleached- and I think they are Chinese not Indian. I didn't realize there could be such differences, I'll have to check out some of these that you all like so well, thanks!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smudge
http://www.clothdiaper.com/

This is where I got my PFs. I live not too far from them so I just went and picked them up. I use the bleached CPFs. I haven't tried any others, but the ones I have are very fluffly and I love them!
They have fantastic prices, but the shipping is a killer. I got all the way to the checkout, and backed out. But the infant pre-folds are only 9.95 a dozen.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I have mostly chinese prefolds... however I love Indian Prefolds.

I've found after many washings that my Chinese hold up better than Indian, but the Indian are sooo much softer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts