Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds only latched on properly to one breast. they were incredibly lopsided for a long time and now seem to have evened out a bit, although i still look funny naked. do i need to worry about one breast sagging more than the other when ds is weaned? i plan to let him self wean, so who knows how long he'll nurse.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
I'm not a uniboober, but ds does favor one side, and only eats from one side per feeding. I have always been uneven, and always had the bigger one sag more........so I'm presuming after i finish nursing it will be the same way.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Saggy breasts is caused by changes from pregnancy, not just by breastfeeding. At least that's what I read everywhere, lol. I guess once you wean you should come on here and tell us if one sags more than the other so we can put this issue to rest.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My daughter, 18 months, just started to really prefer one over the other so I am becoming more and more lopsided. I have a friend who is becoming a LLL leader and she looked it up in THE answer book for me - they make a point of saying that after weaning your boobs will even out again. You can also nurse with just one boob forever and the baby will be fine (in case you are worried at all).

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
I EP and one side produces a lot of milk, the other hardly any. The big producer is a large B cup, and the other is an A cup. I am also wondering what they will look like when I am finished EPing. Will one sag further than the other?
The one was always a little bigger than the other, but not obvious, only if you really looked. It is WAY obvious, now.
A friend of mine is ff, never BF'd. She had huge perky girls until after delivery. Now they are medium sized and saggy. So I believe its the changes in pregnancy, not just bfing that cause sagging.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I was a uni-boober from about 12 months on for 2 of my dds. I was awfully lopsided while nursing that way but went back to being even after they weaned.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm probably the last person you want to hear from at the moment, but mine never went back. It's pretty sad since there is probably a good cup size difference between the two.
:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I was a uni-boober
as well. I never thought to call it that. I thought I was the only one. My last two sons preferred my left to my right, I always wondered why. I thought maybe it was just more comfortable for them and myself in that position anyway, after I quit nursing DS2 for a few months there was a huge difference in them. I was like a C on the left and an A on the right but after I weaned DS3 there really wasn't a massive difference but I think that was because I bf'ed for so long. I am somewhat lopsided but not terribly so and it is totally normal to have one slightly bigger than the other. They both sag about the same although with my lack of boobs this isn't much.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I was also a uniboober but never had such a catchy name for it! My right side was a much higher producer than my left. At about 5 mos. my son decided he was not interested in the left and absolutely refused to latch.

I was pumping at work and needed the output from lefty in order to have enough for Owen to have breastmilk bottles at daycare. So I just exclusively pumped the left and bf'd on the right until 1 yr. at that point I weaned off the pump but continued to bf on the right. I continued to nurse this way until 16 mos. when he started refusing to nurse and no amount of coaxing could get him to do it.

Mine are pretty much the same size at the point. (DS just turned 2)

HTH

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Hi from a True Uniboober
I've got just one boob, post mastectomy, and twins. Looking forward to getting reconstructive surgery someday when i decide childbearing is done

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an inverted nipple and despite trying to get Thea to latch and getting a hospital grade pump... just one boobie for my baby

She is just about 4 months now and has gained 5 1/2 lbs since birth and grown 2 inches. I breastfeed on demand and she is happy, alert, and trying to scoot around the floor.

Sometimes I wonder, Is she getting enough?

But I look at the output

and shes doing fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts