Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so how in the world am I ever going to be in a calm and relaxed enough state to ever get myself to even go into labor.

I'm a sahm to my turned devil 3 year old. OMG! I'm constantly taking things away from her, putting her in time out, chasing her around the house. Even when i try to ignore her my stress level is through the room due to her just being a maniac.

Today I sent dh and her out to get some stuff at the store....So he takes forever and lets her be a maniac more. Then threatens her that he'll leave her at home and he'll go..... NO the whole point is for you two to leave me alone! Then they are out right now and he calls after i just layed down in bed.

So I yelled at him to do and get whatever he wants. As soon as they get home I'm going either to Meijers or Walmart and walking around aimlessly. I just need to get away from them. They are totally stressing me out.

I'm getting worried i'll never be able to go into labor due to the stress daily from them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh I know how you feel! I have a manic 4 year old and devil 2.5 year old!!! And when they arnt driving me nuts, Im worrying about a million other things!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I was going through some of that and I'm sorry you are too. Fridays are hardest for me because I've been SAHMing all week. DH took over bedtime a couple weeks ago because I would just go lay down in my room around 7:30 and tell him I can't do anything, I'm too tired.

This last week though I've really put time aside to spend with both of my kids. Saturday we (as a family) spent the afternoon at the park. Sunday I bought my 5yo a 300pc puzzle (one of his favorite activities) and we spent all afternoon doing it together, while DH kept the 3yo occupied. It was nice to have that one-on-one. I've also noticed how totally grown up my 3yo looks now, and it makes me sort of sad and makes me realize I really have to stop and enjoy this and remember it. The other day he put on a baseball cap and was just sitting in this chair eating and talking to me and I thought, god who is this *kig kid?!* He's really not the baby anymore.

Here's hoping you get some rest, some alone time (bath?) and some time to enjoy your family. I find that once I connect with my kiddos and spend some quality time with them, then they go off on their own and let me breathe, too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I understand that feeling of wanting to be alone at the end of pregnancy. I had about a week of semi-bedrest and really bad nausea the first months and all I wanted to do those times is curl up in my bed alone and hibernate. Alas, not possible with a 3 year old! The way I worked through this was snuggling on the bed with him reading books or lying on the couch together watching Sesame Street or Little Bear or something. I hated letting him watch TV, but it was my only way to keep him relaxed enough for me to get my rest. I now (post-partum 1 weeks!) cherish the last moments we had as a family of 3 reading bedtime stories together in his bed at night. Other times my son is independent and doesn't demand most of my attention is when he takes a bath. So, my suggestions are lots of books, baths, and a bit of TV. I would also send my husband out with him to go to the park or bouncy gym...somewhere he could work off energy instead of store which just creates insanity in a 3 year old(in my opinion). I also took REALLY long warm showers and baths the last two weeks before #2 was born as alone time. Good luck.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
i hear ya. part of me fears that Riley is in there listening to all the craziness out here and thinking "there's no WAY i'm coming out if that's what i've got waiting for me!!"
Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard at this. I have thought this so many times.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After writing that dh and dd got home. They had dinner and dh hugged me and tried to be all understanding. I was like seriously, just don;t touch me!

I went into town and went to walmart and spent 2 hours walking around. Most of the time on the phone with a friend i hadn't seen in a while. She convinced me to stop by her place and we hung out for about an hour.

Getting a lot of pelvix pressure - bring it on baby!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.