Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start this thread to see if there are any other Calmbirthers/Hypnobirthers out there.

I've been attending Calmbirth classes for the past few weeks, but have only really recently started to focus on practising (supposed to be practising every day). I have 5 weeks till EDD, and would love some other forumites to help motivate me.

Also, I'd love to hear your experiences if you've had a birth using these techniques.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I used hypnobirthing.

I found that reading other people's stories only hindered my experience. Either it was people saying it didn't work for them in which it made me really worry whether it was going to be effective for me... or it did work for them and I worried whether I was doing it right and if it really could work for me.

I will say I had a very positive experience with hypnobirthing and I recommend it to all of my friends.

With this birth I will be doing Hypnobabies homestudy because I have also heard positive stories about it and am curious.

(sorry if this comes across jerky, I don't mean it that way... on the hypnobirthing website there are positives stories there, on MDC not so much).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I noticed the discussion about calmbirth and hypnobirthing... and thought I might help out with an explanation to compare them both... I used to teach Hypnobirthing in Australia but have switched to Calmbirth in Australia... if the topic is of interest to you you'll find more info here with plenty of scroll down you'll get the full details... http://www.julieclarke.com.au/pages/courses/calmbirthr-courses.php

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.