Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that a number of our local hospitals have cameras in the delivery room so they can watch you from the nurses station. I am completely not OK with that. The one I am supposed to deliver at has it. Is anyone else facing this? By the way, they did not disclose it. I found out and asked point blank. It is allowed as a part of the general consent where you agree to photos and such for educational reasons. But I always cross that part off. I don't know if they will respect my insistence that it not happen.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Is it visible in the room? Hang a towel over the camera!?

That wouldn't sit well with me either!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is on the ceiling. DH said we would bring duct tape to put over it. BUT, they heard our conversations when we were in there the other day. It has audio too. They were listening in the nurses station. And anyone who walked by could hear and see.

There was a hospital that was old, where I could go to. But it was awful! It did not even have security. BUT...with all the lack of security..I am guessing they don't have cameras either. I think I will call tomorrow and ask.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You'd think they would HAVE to turn it off if you decline to be filmed/audio just like when you're on a phone call and they have to let you know you're being recorded and turn it off if you request it.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to ask about having it shut off. I just know that even if they say they turned it off, that that does not mean the message got to everyone and it stays off. It seems to be getting common where I live. So I might take the time to find out which hospitals have the cameras and which do not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.