Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I changed the title of the thread since nobody was looking at it.
Hopefully that'll help.

Myself and fellow-MDC'er itsajenism are looking to take our families camping next weekend, 8/11-8/13. We're in Lynnwood and hoping to stay fairly close due to the short trip. Maybe no more than an hour or two away, tops.

Two problems:
1) We're both incredibly indecisive, and
2) Finding a good campground that's not all booked at this point.

We've looked around online a bit, but our decision making skills are rendering us clueless. She says I have to make a decision, and that does not make me happy.

Help?

Between the two of us, we'll be entertaining two 18mo toddlers and a 9-10 year old. We're thinking trails in the forest and some water would be good.

Okay... spam me with some ideas! Mucho appreciated!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Baker Lake area off of Hwy 20 out of Sedro Wooley.
We stayed at Park Creek last weekend (site 12, site 11 was really nice, big, and you could easily get water for washing) and had a very nice time.
It's more secluded from other campsites in the area and has a river (not for swimming) but great for noise. Hiking to Hot Springs, you drive up this incredibly bumpy road 2.7 miles and there is a small parking area.
Baker Lake Resort is across the way (I wouldn't recommend staying there, the campsites were right on top each-other) but Baker Lake is huge(I think 9 miles or so) and there are a lot of mile post roads you can drive down to access it or just drive down some of other campsites.
I live in the woods so camping has to really quiet and secluded or I feel I am at a noisy apartment building.
Most campsites only have a few reservable and the rest first come first serve. Reservations have to made 4 days in advance with a 2 night minimum. We have never had a reservation, that way we can see and pick
but we usually leave early afternoon on Friday to get a spot.
My ds 2.5 does wonderful camping. We bring sand toys, bikes, colors, and books. But of course just being outside all day is what makes him so happy.
And if your lucky you will meet some other cool people with kids too!
In my car I have yes or no to all 6 or 7 sites on Baker Lake and why. We did lots of exploring there and plan to go back. I can get that info too if you want it's just not handy right now.

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Deception Pass is beautiful if you can get a site (you've probably already checked that one out). There's a couple of nice beaches for kids to play ad swim in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.