Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we really want to go camping a few times this summer. We have not been since we have been here. Does anyone have any good spots that they want to share. I would like there to be running water and atleast an outhouse. Ialso would like something not too crowded-tent spacing wise for sleeping purposes. I know that sometimes camping gets loud and my daughter has a hard enough time sleeping. Anyway I would love suggestions for camping around portland.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I like Ainsworth state park in the Columbia Gorge. It's just past Horsetail falls on the scenic highway. They don't take reservations, but I've always had good luck.

They have some "hike-in" spots that are spaced farther apart than the main campground spots- otherwise, I just remember a lot of camper spots. Back in the day, my hubby and I biked there from pdx to use the hike-in spots, but really, it's a VERY short walk, so you could easily drive there, park down in the parking spots just below, and use the hike-in spots for a more private experience.

There was a thread a few months ago with other suggestions about places to camp near pdx- I'll bet you could find it not too far back.

Have fun!

fiddlefern

·
Registered
233 Posts
There are yurts that can be rented at some state parks on the coast, and probably elsewhere. There is nearby running water and bathroom/outhouse facitlities. I've never actually stayed at them, but heard good reviews.

Don't know where the closest is to Portland though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.