Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in something like a Honda Civic when there are two other kids in the back seat with it?

And one in which both adults in front need to push their seats back farther than most? I'm 5'8, and dh is 6'1, and we both have long legs.

My baby will be too big/long for her bucket car seat long before her first birthday. She hates the bucket, and screams the whole time we drive. I can't take it much longer. I'm looking into Convertibles (3 in 1 types)

The Britax look huge. The Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 seem narrower. Graco also makes something that's thinner too. But I don't know if they're comfortable. I'm open to any suggestions, for any convertible type seats that would fit.

Help, and thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
umm..sad to say that no, it won't fit. even forward facing if the other two need even just booster seats. the super safe seats also take up some super space. we couldn't use it in our honda accord rear facing (we only had two kids total) and when we got our volvo cross country, everything fit very well, but when we had a loaner car when that one was in for service, we couldn't use the britax rear facing in the volvo S40, which is same car size range as the civic/accord. these carseats need a TON of space. BUT we are very pleased with it, and baby has NEVER complained in the 18 months he has used it, (and he is very vocal when he does not like things) so if you're upgrading to a bigger car anytime soon, the britax would certainly win my recommendation.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
if the two other kids are in seats, almost definately no. if they aren't, then it might possibly fit. as for it fitting with two taller passengers, i have found that my marathons fit in places an infant seat won't. infant seats take up a lot of room, front to back.

the eddie bauer 3 in 1 (and 3 in 1s in general) is not a user friendly seat, and it is also huge. i think the base is wider than the marathon.

you might look into the sunshine kids radian, see if you can get a good install. it's a nice seat, with the same 65 pound weight limit as the marathon, high harness slots, a RF tether (big plus, imo) and it's a really narrow seat, i'm sure it would fit. if that's not an option, the cosco scenera is also a really narrow seat, it's user friendly and has a high seat back too. it only goes to 40 pounds, but it's also only about $50. i fit two sceneras RF in a honda civic side by side, with myself in the leftover seat, so i know it would fit.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Probably not. We have a Civic and a rear-facing boulevard. I can comfortably sit in the front seat (5'5") dh can, but not so comfortably (6')

I can sit in the back with the seat, but 2 kids? probably not. But 2 kids wouldn't have fit with the baby bucket either. And the front seat is in the same place as it was with the baby bucket.

-Angela

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to look at the radian and the cosco one, thanks for suggesting those, mbfn.

I'm hoping we can get a larger vehicle soon. Even without all the carseat juggling, my older two are going to be tall, and we're already all squished.

Thanks, ladies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts