Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me suggestions for ideas for cooking while in a hotel? We have 2 weeks left before were booted to the hotel for 5 weeks while they remodel our place. Were GF/DF and try to avoid processed food. The room is supposed to have a small fridge and microwave and I will bring my crockpot and a hotplate. I will also have a couple of ice chests to keep stuff cold too. I'm used to baking/cooking from scratch every day. Trying to figure out in advance what we can do at the hotel.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
You can do virtually anything in the crockpot, as you likely know. Crock pot baked potatoes are great and easy to make. Rice noodle soups can be made in the microwave. Bean and rice burritos would be easy to make from close-to-scratch with canned beans and pre-cooked rice packets. Crockpot jambalaya, chili, and crock pot roasted chicken would also be easy options. The chicken is great because you can do a roasted chicken on day one, and chicken soup on day two.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Grab some of those slow cooker liners. I don't often use them, but they're pretty nice to have if you're using your crockpot in a hotel room. It makes cleanup MUCH easier.

Any kind of roast meat and veggies works as entree one day and then soup the next. Do you have a rice cooker? They work great for cooking in hotel rooms too, including making soups, oatmeal, and hard boiled eggs.

Chicken breast and seasonings work well as burrito filling. Either use your favorite GF wraps or make taco rice bowls instead. Ground meat is somewhat of a pain to deal with in a hotel room, as there's fat to be drained off. Roasts or stew meat work better.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
For things you don't have to cook (that are relatively healthy) you could always pick up a rotisserie chicken, or do hummus, dolma and tabbouleh. And franks and beans is easy to do in the microwave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts