Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up on the vaxing issues and I'd like to find a pediatrician who will fully support my decision to go vax-free. (As well as being supportive of extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc. etc.) Can anyone recommend a good doctor in Whatcom county, WA?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi! I don't know if you're still watching this post, but I though I'd try to help. I used to live in Ferndale and worked in Bellingham for Dr. Elkayam, the allergist. When I was there (over 2 years ago now and I wasn't particularly crunchy then), almost all the pediatricians were located at Madrona Medical in Bellingham. I can't think of any of them being particularly "crunchy" unfortunately. I know there was a D.O. in Ferndale (Brian Buchea at 2068 Vista Dr., near Ferndale Drug) and they tend to be more open to "crunchy" ideas--I think I heard good things about him but have not seen him myself. There maybe Nurse Practioners or Family Doctors who are crunchy too, but I don't know any names.

I wish I had more specific information for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
We used Dr.Troutman who was very vax friendly and he was an excellent ped.If you can afford an ND(naturopathic doctor) Mystic Grobe does well checks and is an amazing person.She uses herbs and homeopathics.Both in Bellingham~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts