Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
My kids go to Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine on Saybrook Road. We see Dr. Allison Whittaker and my girls like her. I have also heard good things about Middlesex Pediatrics.

For a PCP, my friend goes to Dr. Tammi Waters at MHS Primaty Care also on Saybrook Road.

For a dentist- I go to Dr. John Distefano in Glastonbury. My girls go to Dr. Patricia Carta who is a ped dentist in Middletown.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well we used to live in Madison, and I can't remember the name of the practice we used but it's on the Post Rd in Old Saybrook (they also have a second location). The Ped's name was Nicolas Condulis. He was fine with our decision to not vax, was very soft spoken and gentle with the kids. Always listened attentively to my questions and my responses to his. I would definately recommend him, although I can't say the same for some of the other ped's in the practice.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
We live in Haddam. I've heard of a lot of people that go to the pediatric dentist on Newfield Street (sorry, can't remember the name). We go to Dr. Campbell in Higganum (but our orthodontist, Dr. Bert, is in Middletown).

My kids and DH and I all go to Middlesex Family Physicians on Saybrook Road (400, I think). Dr. Novak and Dr. Eichengreen there are GREAT. Dr. Hirsch and Dr. Good are not worth seeing, but that's just my opinion (Dr. Hirsch, for example, told me that it was my fault that I had a UTI beause I dared to go on vacation with DH and without my children). We do vax though, so I don't know how they are about not vaxing. They are open minded and are very good about listening (they've been very supportive about my kids' food intolerances).

I can't remember the name of the OB/GYN. Duh. It's Dr. Irons (who delivered two of mine), Dr. Mueller, Dr. ******, Dr. Yordan, Dr. Siegel, and one other I think. I thought they were good. Dr. Irons was fantastic. Though if you want someone who does more natural stuff like waterbirths and all that, I don't know of any around here. I didn't have any drugs for the first two kids, though I ended up with a c-section for my breech third baby, who they tried to turn.

I'm going to an osteopath in Glastonbury (just started in December) who's fantastic.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Our kids go to Middlesex Pediatrics and we like them, but we do vax so I don't know how they feel about that. We have felt very listened to by them and they are very available by phone - even came in on a Sunday once. The practice also paid to have their nurse practitioner educated as a LC and she is very good on breastfeeding issues.

We also go to the pediatric dentist on Newfield st - Shoemaker and somebody, I think.

DH and I go to Dr Brad Wilkinson at Coighinchauc (sp??) family practice and we like him a lot.

For midwives, I go to the folks at Naugatuck Valley OB/GYN (but also MW) in Waterbury. They are excellent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.