Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm CDing for the first time, and my mom has knitted me these awesome organic wool soakers (and I've crocheted a few myself). I bought the Imse Vimse wool wash and liquid lanolin, but the directions on the bottles are kind of different than the directions I got from green mountain diapers. I actually went ahead and did a couple of them tonight, but I'm not sure if I did it right, and I guess I can't know if they're going to leak or not until the baby comes in a couple of weeks. So I figured I'd just ask what works for you ladies who use wool before I do the rest of them!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
For a newly knit pair of longies/shorties/soaker:<br>
I handwash in a basin of tepid water with a tiny bit of baby safe wash (whatever I bath him with), let stand 10 minutes, drain, add a pea sized amount of lanolin (I use lansinoh nipple cream) and a pea sized amount of wash to a small bottle with the hottest water I can manage, shake to dissolve lanolin, refill basin with more tepid water and add lanolin/wash mixture to water with wool items, let stand 10 minutes.<br>
I press the water out of the wool items gently then press further with a towel and allow to dry on a baby gate placed over my tub.<br><br>
For touch ups (as I call them):<br>
I use a basin of tepid water and a wool wash bar that has lanolin in it. I srub with the bar of soap in the dipe area which seems to keep my wool in pretty good shape and functioning really well. Additionally, I use the above process for newly knit wool once every 4 to 6 weeks. This is, of course, depending on how the wool is functioning.<br><br>
hth and GL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts