Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have absolutely no idea if it can or not. Usually when I'm scared I feel cold.

Well, I was jolted awake by my alarm clock this morning (DH doesn't work weekends, and I normally just temp when he wakes). I took it and it was 97.1 (36.16). I calmed down and took it again and it was 97.5 (36.38).

I kept the lower one on my chart and now it looks funny.

Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/nicoleoleole

Is that the right temp? Could it be an ID? Or should I use the temp when I was calmer?

Thank you!
thanks.gif

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Nicole, the link doesn't take me to your chart so I can't comment on that, but one temp does not a pattern make so I wouldn't worry too much if it looks like an outlier. You can always make yourself a note that you were scared awake in case you need to examine that temp later. I also wanted to say that when temping prior to my first I was often scared awake by my alarm clock and didn't see a pattern of it affecting my temperature. Laying in bed for a few minutes to calm down will allow your body to wake up more and will likely raise your temp. There were a few times I questioned my first temp and took it again immediately after and again a few minutes later. My temp always steadily rose as I woke up more. So I would stick with whatever temp you get when you first wake up and try to just take calming deep breaths while you're temping.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
I couldn't see anyone's chart including mine... I think FF's server must have been down. I can see it now. I'm not sure I agree with FF's assessment of your O day. But it's really hard to tell since you missed temps on CD 23 and 24 and you have so many disturbed temps. I might say CD 25 b/c you continued to have EWCF. I don't personally put too much stock in OPK's, but that's why FF put you O day where it did. So when you're counting days and starting to test just keep in mind that you might be 2 days farther behind. Today's temp is still within your range of high temps for this cycle so I really wouldn't worry about that. Just really try and get some consistent temps to confirm that you're in your LP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

I couldn't see anyone's chart including mine... I think FF's server must have been down. I can see it now. I'm not sure I agree with FF's assessment of your O day. But it's really hard to tell since you missed temps on CD 23 and 24 and you have so many disturbed temps. I might say CD 25 b/c you continued to have EWCF. I don't personally put too much stock in OPK's, but that's why FF put you O day where it did. So when you're counting days and starting to test just keep in mind that you might be 2 days farther behind. Today's temp is still within your range of high temps for this cycle so I really wouldn't worry about that. Just really try and get some consistent temps to confirm that you're in your LP.
Oh no!!!! I'm back to 5dpo O_O nooooooo!!

And sorry about my temps! I just started using them again because I was curious. The temps suck because LO still nurses every hour... so I never get the recommended amount of sleep.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Well.. maybe, but it's hard to tell. I just wanted to throw it out there so if you're getting BFN's at what you think is 12 DPO you might only be 10 DPO and the tests might not be accurate yet.

Also, my LO's were both horrible sleepers- waking all the time during the night. But I still got clear biphasic patterns by focusing on my waking time instead of focusing on how much sleep I was getting. If it's normal for you to be sleep deprived then I wouldn't mark your temps as "sleep deprived." I would only make special note of really bad nights and unusually high temps on those mornings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.