Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My coworker has been out for two weeks with a very strong viral pink eye (her doctor said it was the worst case they had ever seen). Well, I touched something on her desk and then stupidly rubbed my eye and on Thursday I had redness in the left eye, pain in left eye and sensitivity to light. That night I started having watery discharge. It also spread to the right eye a bit. I had a late meeting at work and had pumped so I had some expressed breastmilk. I got a syringe and dropped some of that into my eye. I have been alternating between the breastmilk and some antibacterial eye drops (even though my symptoms are consistant with viral pinkeye like my coworker had) several times a day. This morning my eye is much better, only slightly pink, a bit itchy, and no watery discharge. I am of course washing my hands, not sharing towels, etc.
From what I have read breastmilk only works with bacterial pinkeye, but I have also read that breastmilk has antiviral qualities as well. Could the breastmilk be working? Or will I still have two weeks of pinkeye like my coworker and the worst is yet to come.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts