Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New mama question: I'm *trying* to get baby comfy in Hotsling. Bought 2 sizes online to try out each. Right now he's in the sling, but his chin is pressed into his chest, which the dvd says not to do..<br><br>
luckily the baby is alot more patient than I am with all this, but I wonder if he's able to breathe right. How do I get him into the newborn carry more comfortably??? Would I know if he were suffocating? thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
You don't want that chin like that. Here is the special <a href="http://www.mothering-digital.com/mothering/sample/?pg=49" target="_blank">Mothering Babywearing Issue article by M'Liss</a>. There should be some info in there about chin to chest. Definitely not optimal.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my baby is definately the one in the 'don't' pics! I think he needs a bit of padding under his back to raise him up and I also need to shrink up the larger sized Hotsling (I could wear either, but am opting for the larger one because I couldn't be comfortable with the smaller one...it was squishing us both way too much).

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Instead of the cradle position, try a reclined seated position or a tummy to tummy vertical carry with him facing you. As long as his body and neck/head are well-supported, there's no reason in the world he has to be lying down!<br><br>
Also, instead of/in addition to trying to shrink the pouch, you can try the twist to see if that makes it fit better. Basically, put it on upside down -- open edges facing downward rather than upward -- then pull the open edges to the topside to form the pocket. This twists the fabric by your shoulder and tightens things up a fair amount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts