Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd venture out of diapering for a little bit and, man, it's brutal out there. I think I'll just stick close to "home" for a while. Thanks for welcoming and being so nice to the newbie!

· Registered
20,366 Posts
I feel ya! Frankly I am scared of some of the other forums!

· Registered
1,851 Posts
Awww sorry to hear that! I don't know which forums you have tried...but many on here aren't too bad after you watch for awhile. There definitely are some very enthusiastic mama's on here.

I've been surprised at how many come to the diapering forum that don't realize that the MDC is about supporting Natural Family Living and Attachment Parenting.

· Registered
4,469 Posts
I'd recommend lurking for a bit in some of the other forums. What clothcrazymom said is true- I didn't really know 'the rules' and the community when I came here, and started in Diapering. I had never even heard of AP. A friend got me a subscription to Mothering magazine but I didn't exactly catch on to the AP part til I got here...I was more interested in the natural/environmental/health type aspect to begin with.
And if you are more mainstream and post something mainstream, you are apt to get flamed sometimes. Understand that this is a *very* special and unique community of mamas (and papas).
Make sure you let people know that you're new to AP - that helps!

· Registered
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebenjies
I'd recommend lurking for a bit in some of the other forums. What clothcrazymom said is true- I didn't really know 'the rules' and the community when I came here, and started in Diapering. I had never even heard of AP. A friend got me a subscription to Mothering magazine but I didn't exactly catch on to the AP part til I got here...I was more interested in the natural/environmental/health type aspect to begin with.
And if you are more mainstream and post something mainstream, you are apt to get flamed sometimes. Understand that this is a *very* special and unique community of mamas (and papas).
Make sure you let people know that you're new to AP - that helps!
Oh, no one said anything mean to me. I was referring to some of the nasty back-and-forth comments that I've seen in threads in other forums. I don't know the rules about commenting on other forums, but there are some doozies out there right now.

OK, *changing the subject* so who's gonna sell me on some longies! :LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.