Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl friend and I are going out of town next week for a few days, and our package comes with a Swedish massage or facial. I'd really, really love a massage...is it safe to get one? I've read before just not in the first trimester...anyone know the details, or should I call my midwife?

· Registered
976 Posts
I am a huge proponent of massages, so I say yes you can get one!
: However, contact the place ahead of time to alert them that you are pg so they can schedule you with a masseuse that has been trained for pg. There are certain points they need to stay away from and generally they dont do deep tissue or anything. Have fun!

· Registered
467 Posts
I saw your post off the new post page and I thought I'd just pop in and say that yes you can get a massage. My dh is a massage therapist and as the pp said just call ahead and let them know. When you get there make sure to mention it again and then enjoy your massage.
I would avoid acupressure/shiatsu or deep tissue unless you are seeing someone who specializes in pregnancy massage. A swedish massage should be totally fine, just let the therapist know that you don't want your belly worked on.

Have a great time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts