Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our male cat (1 1/2 - 2 yrs old) pees all over the house. It's disgusting. He has a litter box that's always kept clean, but he still goes on the carpets, in the hall, on the couch, on ME, in DS's wagon, on the clean diapers . . . EVERYWHERE. Last night he pooped all over the bathroom floor, too. He was fixed at about 6 months old because he was spraying, but the spraying has just been replaced by the peeing. About 4-5 months ago he had a blocked urinary tract and was very sick for awhile - we ended up with a $1500 vet bill that pretty much depleted what little savings we had.
I am at my wits' end with this cat. I'm tired of cleaning up cat pee every day, I'm tired of my home smelling. DP very much wants to keep the cat (of course he's not the one who's always home dealing with it), and anyway, I don't know what we'd do with him - I don't know who would adopt a cat with this problem, and I couldn't have him put down.
Is there anything we can do?

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
I'd get him checked again...he may very well be having irritation going on if he already has a history of FUS.

Also, any areas that he soils should be treated with nature's miracle or some sort of enzymatic cleaner. Then, after it dries you could put some dry cat food on a plate in the area temporarily (cats won't poop where they associate with food). I wouldn't leave any piles of stuff out...they can be very attractive to a cat with litter issues.

You could too keep him isolated to a room, such as a bathroom (hopefully tiled) and keep him in there and gradually reintroduce him to the other areas of the house once he's proven that he has no more bad behaviour.

So sorry that he's having issues. I'd have him checked out again with the history of fus. That has to be SUPER frustrating!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts