Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday at my 4-yo DD's preschool was "Cardinals Day." For snacktime, they served hot dogs, chips, cupcakes, and soda.
DD knows how vehemently anti-soda I am, so she asked for water instead of soda.
I'm just so proud that she stuck with what she knew was right, instead of taking the opportunity to go behind my back. I just pray she does as well when someone wants her to ride in the car without a seat belt, try smoking, etc.

Let's not even go into how disappointed I am that a preschool would serve soda!
: Unfortunately, the kids that drank the soda probably get it at home, too. I do hate to complain, however, because her teachers/school director are the coolest ever! They totally *get* my daughter, and she really really thrives there.

And I know the menu sounds junky, but if there'd been any way possible for us to score World Series tickets, I would have let her have the same junk food at the game.
:

Anyway, just had to share my maternal pride for a minute.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
My DD always looks shocked when someone ffers her soda, too. She kind of giggles like they are making ajoke. Good for your DD for knowing what's good for her!

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed.

My dd alas, can identify the sound of a pop can opening, and she'll come running in the room saying "I want pop!"
: But then I blame dh who often has pop for lunch! (Funny, she says the same thing about beer when he has that on occasion and he's never given her any of THAT.)

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good for dd!!! As for what the preschool offers, not the greatest, but she will be offered worse things in her life! Better that she know what is healthy for her, and be able to say no to the bad things, on her own, than just count on her only being offered good things, yk?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts