Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 3 week old son. He'll sleep great on his tummy on my chest, but I guess that position worries me a little. I am very aware of him, but for one, it seems to get pretty warm...he's also on his belly not back, I have a large chest (G cup while bfing), and I'm afraid of what will happen if he starts to get more mobile. I have a cosleeper to sidecar to our bed, but he doesn't sleep well "on his own" (i.e. out of my arms) Our bed isn't really safe for him to really cosleep...we have a pillow top mattress, and while I don't use heavy bedding my husband uses 3 pillows, the down comforter, and a silk blanket. I am not sleeping that well as it is and I don't sleep as well if he's on me b/c I am too worried (even though I'm extremely aware of him). We tried swaddling, which works great during the day, but at night he'll wake up and scream like he's petrified b/c he can't move his arms.

I'd like to make the most of what little sleep I get by having him in the co-sleeper...is there any way to make that easier on him?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.