Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment I'm working part-time and studying pat-time too. I would really like to study full-time and quit working, but how can I afford to do that? Is it somehow possible? I want to do this because then I can finish up my schooling quicker and get a better paid job instead of minimum wage that I get now.<br><br>
Any thoughts on this?<br><br>
(BTW I'm a single parent)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I would assue you need to really look at your expenses and income to determine how viable this really is in terms of quiting your job.<br>
Do you need the income from your job to survive?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Do you get financial aid? Sometimes more is available to full time vs part time students. If you switched to full time student, how much time until you finish school. It is helpful to know just how long you will be stretching that dollar? Can you post your current budget, etc so we can help you shave it.<br><br>
Amy

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
I know plenty of people (parents) who are full time students and aren't working a job. I think it's possible if you get full grant funding, limit your expenses, and try to get some scholarships too. As a single mother, there are probably plenty of scholarships available to you, if your school has a women's center, you should check with them. Any scholarship money you receive, the more grant money will be given to you to pay your bills while you are in school full time.<br><br>
ETA: You can also get student loans to help pay for your expenses, but it's not recommended since that is money you will have to pay back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts