Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always pump extra, so I tend to freeze milk regularly for DH to use while I"m at work in case we run out of fresh, etc. I hate to throw them out cause they are expensive (I use the gerber ones, seem to keep milk freshest in freezer). Can they be reused? have you found a way to clean them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't know if you can, but I wouldn't. If you want re-usable containers, I would use bottles instead. You can buy a pack of 4 Evenflo bottles at Target for something like $5 bucks. At least they can be sterilized in the dishwasher.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Another reusable thing that works well are those little urine sample cups. They come sterilized and can be washed in the dishwasher after use. They are the perfect size for a couple of ounces. Both major hospitals use them for EBM here and my OB's office used to have a big box of them for us to take some if we needed them. You get over them being urine sample cups pretty quick, lol, although it is sort of creepy at first.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Do they sell the urine cups at any local stores? If so how much?

We are moving to England soon and once we get over there I am going to build my supply. I am hopeing to have DS nurse for at least 2+ years but I want to avoid giving him any cows milk till after 2 years so I want to give him expressed BM in a cup until then. SOOO I want to get a really good supply built and I hate the plastic baggies and I really don't want to pay a lot. I know $5 for 4 bottles isn't a ton... but if I want like 50+ bottles that starts to add up.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I agree with chiagomom and vegmom that glass is the best 'reusable' option. You just need to be sure you're using 'tempered glass' and that you leave lots of space for expansion when freezing to avoid breakage and use care when reheating. Glass is inert and won't leach anything! Anything you're reusing needs to be cleaned and/or sterilized anyway, so it's not extra work IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts