Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, can I start a winter to do list, please... even though it is still autumn!

As we are heading into winter soon, I was wondering if there are any winter festivals, special exhibits or things that need to be done during the winter months,...besides skiing!

We live in the southern part of New Hampshire, so a pretty central location and not too far to southern areas of Maine and the east side of Vermont.
With a toddler I found last winter a bit challenging in regards of getting out and about and I have no clue if there are any festivals or similar during that time of year, as we recently moved to New Hampshire,....maybe winter solstice at North Salem's Stonehenge?
Any other ideas!

·
Registered
391 Posts
First Night in Portsmouth is pretty fun (new year's eve). The Childrens Museum in Portsmouth has countdowns for kids at noon, 2, and 4. It's crowded, but fun. There are ice sculptures, music, etc. in the Market Square area of Portsmouth.

Also, the Holiday Stroll in the Strawbery Banke museum is lots of fun, too. I'm biased towards Portsmouth -- we live in Nashua, but I'm willing to drive an hour for the atmosphere and culture. Much more manageable than Boston!

hth!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Maple weekend (can't think of the dates right now, but you can look up NH Maple Producers, and that should have them) is usually pretty cool. You can go into different sugar houses and see what they're doing.

Skiing, skating, sledding, snowmobiling...... All the S's!

If you're into this sort of thing, the Rotary Fishing Derby on Winnipesaukee is fun. Only if you like ice fishing though - otherwise, it's just hanging out in the cold watching people stand around.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
The horsey event in woodstock sounds great. Also, Nashua has a holiday stroll, sometime before Christmas. I'll see if I can get the date. Check the websites of the local waldorf schools-holiday fairs there are very kid-friendly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.