Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my baby is 4 months old very healthy and I'm only breastfeeding at the moment. However I do want to stop once he gets teeth. So if he happens to pop a tooth around 6 months then I want to only pump and baby food. Right now I'm introducing baby food slowly into his diet because he doesn't seem satisfied w only my milk. My fiance is all natural and he doesn't agree w alot of the ingredients in formula. (Our son doesn't receive and pharmaceuticals, vacines or anything) He's done a ton of research and has researched every ingredient in the formula and finding out most of it isn't good for babies. So he wants to do only baby food and water/juice when I do stop breastfeeding around 6-8 months. Has anyone done this and what's the results? I don't think formula is a good option as I do know alot about the things inside of it. Please help I'm a first time mom idk what to do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
No, you can't. Babies shouldn't have juice at all as it's all sugar and has no nutrients. The baby must have breastmilk and/or formula until it is a year old. The primary source of nutrition and calories is breastmilk or formula. Baby food will not give the baby what it needs to thrive and grow. The results of not feeding the baby properly could be failure to thrive and malnutrition. Yes, formula is not perfect but it is the next best thing to breastmilk and it is literally a lifesaver for babies if their moms cannot produce milk. It exists for a very important reason. If you pump and give the baby breastmilk, that is fine. Teeth are not a big problem. Yes, babies do bite some but they can learn not to. If they do bite, you put your finger in the side of their mouth to release the suction and take them off the breast. I would say ouch too. They will learn not to bite.
Some people make their own formula if you're interested in that. I have also heard that European brands of formula have better ingredients.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
If he doesn't agree with the ingredients in formula (organic or homemade) I would just keep breastfeeding until 12 months. I second no juice, it's just not good nutrition, same goes for empty calorie baby cereal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts