Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last period was May 15, so that would make today day #28, right? (start counting on first day of period?). That was a period from going off the pill. Can I test today? Today is my birthday and we are going out for dinner and I'd like to know if I can have a drink or not

Or find out if I have a great birthday present!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfpmom
Yeah it doesn't matter what day of the cycle it is, it matters what day past ovulation it is... when did you ovulate?
take care
No idea
This is my first cycle not on a pill. I never had time to go buy a test so I went to dinner but didn't drink. It was 90 degrees and I really wanted to!

My whole family was there and would have been suspicious if I didn't drink, so I ordered one and raised it to my lips after the toast but didn't drink. That was hard! Then hubby drank mine! I don't think anybody noticed!

I'll keep you all posted......

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Day #29 and no period. So, I tested tonight and it was negative.

But from what I am reading from you ladies, since I have NO clue when I ovulated.........I should wait a bit longer and retest of no period?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Right... just for perspective, some cycles I don't ovulate until day 23. Especially since this is your first cycle off hormones, things may not be all normal. Delayed ovulation is very common when coming off the effects of the pill. At the very least, next cycle (if there *is* a next cycle) pay attention to your mucus flow- you can just do this externally- when it starts going away is around where you ovulate... then you can go 2 weeks from there.
take care

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WEll I couldn't wait another week to test......I tested this morning, only 3 days later. Still negative. I am thinking my cycle is just trying to get back to normal, so I'll be in the dark for quite some time........

·
Registered
407 Posts
You should have waited. I hate hate hate BFNs.
I'm sure things will straighten out with your system soon.
Don't let it get to you. Take a good long bath with a good book. That'll help you relax and keep your mind elsewhere.
Keep us updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts