Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought WAY too much microfleece to make my diaper liners and am wondering if I can use this material to make wipes? I know some wipes are made of fleece but I'm not sure if it is microfleece? It is not the waterproof kind. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I've done it. I think they work better if you use someting like flannel or velour on one side to hold some moisture. And, crazy as it sounds, the cheaper the fleece, the better it works as wipes. The really nice stuff that doesn't pill much, tends to bee too smooth and poo just slides around. Try just making a couple to see if you like them first. Some do and some don't. I found I prefered other fabrics more.

Amber

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tippytoes26
I've done it. I think they work better if you use someting like flannel or velour on one side to hold some moisture. And, crazy as it sounds, the cheaper the fleece, the better it works as wipes. The really nice stuff that doesn't pill much, tends to bee too smooth and poo just slides around. Try just making a couple to see if you like them first. Some do and some don't. I found I prefered other fabrics more.

Amber
:

I pretty much prefer everything to microfleece for wipes. Maybe you could use the excess to make hats, or a jacket (SewBaby has a cute microfleece jacket pattern), or applique for diapers or clothing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Microfleece would be too "slick" to be very helpful as a wipe, I'd think. I prefer two-layered wipes, with one layer being flannel and the other being stretch terry (it "grabs" poopy messes better than the flannel, which is good for pee diapers and final touchups after cleaning up poo diapers).

HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.