Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the background. A few months back I jumped on the CDing bandwagon and used cloth on my toddler for about two months. Then I could not handle the poopy diapers anymore and went back to disposables. I am expecting my second baby in May. I still have all the diapers I bought, and I'm thinking I may give CDing another go, at least with the newborn, as I've heard breastfed poop is not that bad compared to toddler poop. But I don't want to invest in smaller newborn diapers since I really don't know if I'm going to stick to it or not. So, here's my question. Can I use the following stash to cloth diaper a newborn, or will it just be too bulky?<br>
I have:<br>
5 small Sandy's<br>
3 MEOS<br>
and about 12 toddler size CPFs<br><br>
I know that I'll probably have to buy at least two covers, but I can deal with that.<br>
Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Those toddler CPFs are going to swallow up your newborn. They'll just be too big.<br><br>
If I were you, I would sell the toddler CPFs on the trading post and then use that money to get a dozen infant or premium size CPFs -- that way you are not investing too heavily in a new stash.<br><br>
Or see if a Mom will trade with you...plenty of Moms out there moving from smaller to bigger sizes.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry, mama, all of those diapers will be huge on a newborn. My big newborn didn't fit into our small sandy's or meos until he was about six weeks old.<br><br>
What exactly about the poop bothered you? Maybe a small mini-shower would help? That sprays all the poop off into the toilet so you don't have to mess with it too much. This was a lifesaver for us with a newborn.<br><br>
Or, if you really want to do cloth and don't want the laundry, I would recommend a diaper service. You don't have to mess with any of the laundry that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts