Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sent out a general email announcement to some of my not-so-close friends telling them I was knocked up. One of them, "J" I only know because he was a roommate in medical school with my then-boyfriend's brother. He moved to the same city as me about three years ago and I have seen him twice. He did graduate medical school and do his residency, but he never practiced. And did I mention I knew him during medical school - knew how much he didn't study, knew how much he made fun of patients, etc...

I also mentioned in the email that I was doing a midwife/homebirth.

so "J" calls and leaves a message on my answering machine saying that even though midwives are okay, he would like to be there in case anything goes wrong. Oh, and by the way, he can catch our baby! WTF!!! Did I mention that he now sells computers and has nothing to do with medicine? I mean how presumptious can one get - like him being there - will ward off all evil because someone "medical" is there! (and he knows both my parents are doctors and are totally against my decision, but that's a different vent!) I wrote him back no thank you and recommended Ina May and Henri Goer to read. URG!!!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog
"That's OK, I'll leave birth attendance to the birth professionals, but if my computer goes into labor, I'll call you asap."
oh oh oh oh! that made me pee!!!

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Quote:

"That's OK, I'll leave birth attendance to the birth professionals, but if my computer goes into labor, I'll call you asap."
: Okay, now THAT is a good come back!

Lurve - sorry you had to deal with that!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lurve
so "J" calls and leaves a message Oh, and by the way, he can catch our baby!

ewwwwwwwwww! Change your number!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
People are weird.

Like a PP said, all he got out of medical school was the ego. You had a good response to him, but I like BelgianSheepDog's better!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Quote:

laughup

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you all for understanding! sometimes i feel like i am the only sane person IRL! and yes, I do wish I had thought of BelgianSheepDog's answer! That's classic!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
What an ego he has on him. With that attitude I wouldn't want him anywhere near me while I was laboring.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Quote:

I just spewed coffee on my computer!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts