Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always do a cold rinse, hot wash and then sometimes a cold rinse.
Well, our hot water heater is on the fritz so, can I just do a cold rinse and cold wash???

I'm worried about bacteria mostly, but the dryer should take care of that, right????

·
Banned
1,651 Posts
As far as bacteria, I'm sure it would be ok with the dryer as you mentioned. I personally would worry about odors lingering, but baking soda in the wash would probably take care of that, at least short term. If you have a lot of hemp, and washed in cold frequently, you might find that you have stanky hemp problems later. Give it a shot and tell us how it turns out.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I wash my diapers in cold all the time (have been doing so for about a year) and they never stink! Even the hemp ones

Every once in a while I add some tea tree, but the dryer is really hot so I think that would kill any germies

·
Registered
845 Posts
I accidently washed in cold not too long ago and didn't realize what I'd done until after the diapers were dry. I opened the dryer and a wave of hot funk hit my nose.

Everything had to be rewashed to get them smelling clean. So, if you are going to experiment with this, do it when you have the time to rewash if necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.