Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wash baby clothes and put up the bed rail? I'm feeling so nesty and ready and I've got 9 long weeks to go! I'm enjoying being pregnant and feeling great. I have no idea why I'm wishing this time away. Yay for babies!
:

· Registered
4,401 Posts
After you're done with nesting your house, wanna come and nest mine?!
I SO don't have those nesting feelings yet and I know I need to be doing stuff around the house. Poor DH is getting a little frustrated with the unfinished laundry, clutter on the coffee table, carpets that need vaccuming, etc. I feel bad because I just don't feel like doing anything and the undone chores just don't seem that important.
Enjoy getting your baby stuff done!

· Registered
8,956 Posts
I'm SO ready to wash my cd's and I WISH I had my crib and changing table in the room so I could start decorating! It's not too early. Plus then you can fold and refold, and fold and refold all those little clothes!!! Go for it!

Double yay for babies!!
:

· Registered
690 Posts
Do you REALLY want to crawl down around your bedrail 8-9 months preggo?

There are so many things I have to do as well. I haven't even gotten dd's clothes out of the attic to wash for the new baby yet, which is really no big deal since I have no where to put them yet anyway. I'll probably wait until 36-37 weeks or so to set up the cosleeper/put in the carseat. Actually, we'll probably just toss the carseat and base into the back end of the car so that I don't have to move dd's seat until I absolutely have to. I'm SO concerned about rocking dd's world it's not even funny. I almost don't want to get ready for the baby b/c I know it will freak her out! She's just a little bit type A.

· Registered
831 Posts
We're buying the hypoallergenic, unscented, no dye detergent with our next paycheck... And then I'm going on a washing spree! Got the bedding and all of the clothes to do!! I'm excited.

Start doing it!! DO IT! DO IT!! DO IT!!!

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Can you? Why of course...come join the nesting mama club!! I've been bitten by the nesting bug bad, so much so that I've been washing sweet little gowns and dipes instead of writing a paper that's due next week.
I can't help it though...its like someone else has invaded my body. Yesterday I gutted our pantry, took down the shevles and everything. I threw out every out-dated box of cereal, bag of pasta, mothy bag of rice...gone! Today I spackled all the holes from the shelving brackets and tomorrow I wash and paint the walls. Poor dh must wonder who in the heck I am and what I did with his wife, LOL!

Its defiantely not too early...the next 9 weeks will fly by. Now get to it mama, and have fun organizing all those baby clothes!!
:

· Registered
127 Posts
Do it, do it while you still have the energy and nesting bug! I have been nesting like crazy, but we are moving in 3 weeks, so all that cleaning was for nothing. I have been starting to experience some fatigue now also, hopefully moving will inspire me to get the baby's stuff ready!

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Changed View Post
But if I wash it all now, will it get all dusty and need washing again?

Not if you go buy cute little organizers and baskets!
I actually organized all my nb dipes in a large cloth bin and put a blanket over the top to keep the kitties, dust bunnies, and little hands out.

Then again, you could just wash them again in a few weeks and have more fun folding and organizing all over again!!

· Registered
702 Posts
I say go for it. I've been nesting like crazy, but don't have any baby stuff to play with yet. Our showers are in a few weeks and then I'll be able to organize baby stuff to my hearts content. Our nursery furniture came in yesterday, but we have to have the carpet installers come and reinstall the NEW carpet they just put in because they did it incorrectly. So I won't be getting the furniture delivered anytime soon. *sigh*

But I say go for it and have fun! The next 9 weeks will fly by! (BTW- I'm totally jealous, I still have 11 1/2 weeks to go.)

· Registered
1,124 Posts
I have resigned myself to rewashing, and that's just going to be okay. I still need baskets for the clothes/dipes, and a lot more clothes. I have about 3 outfits per size. Still, I have the promise of clothes from 3 different sources, which makes it overwhelming to think of when I actually get them.

Yesterday I "nested" with DD instead, sorting out her clothes and making sure she was ready to start Kindergarten --gulp-- in another week. I have a complete inventory and what she needs (and what she doesn't.)

· Registered
4,401 Posts
Maybe I'm not nesting because I don't have anything yet! Haha! We decided not to buy anything ourselves until our showers are over (I think there are 4!). The first one is next weekend so maybe that'll make me want to start organizing things. I have got to get DH to move all his clothes from the closet in the nursery! We've always kept his polos and some dress clothes there because our closet is just too small.

Have fun organizing ladies!

· Registered
1,728 Posts
I say nest away! I've already sorted and washed most of our newborn and 0-3 month clothes.

And I wrote out a schedule for myself to go through and organized every room and the house...and have actually been following it. DH comes home every evening to me orgazing in some room. His question the other night:

"Can I expect this to continue for the next three months?"

I'm really enjoying the work though...it's so nice to get through the clutter. And I've fixed some things like securing a shelf that was wobbly in the kitchen - very nice to have that finally fixed and a surprise for DH

I'm considering painting the front room but not sure if I want to tackle paint or not. Actually I'd need to remove wallpaper first and I'm not sure about that, anyone know if there's a safe method during pregnancy?

I'm saving the best for last though, I've been piling the baby stuff we have so far up in the corner of our bedroom, and putting stuff I've gotten for postpartum me (sitz bath, gentle soaps, lip balm, etc.) in a pretty basket. The last thing on my list is to get mine and baby's stuff ready...by far the most fun!

So I say nest, nest, and nest some more... there's always something you can do around the house

· Registered
831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Changed View Post
But if I wash it all now, will it get all dusty and need washing again?

My son's clothes didn't... I washed everything early and put it all of the dresser drawers. They were good to go when he was born! I'm gonna do that with this baby and put the extras (I have TONS) in clear storage bags.

But... If you want, you can rewash anyways

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.