Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lovley dd(born Nov 13 2003) started night nursing again at 11 months and has contined to night nurse even more since her first birthday...I now sleep with her from about midnight on as she will nurse at that time and again at about 5 am somtimes once in-between those two times(but thats fussy 'casue I'm usually half asleep).

My period is now MIA...it had started again when she was about 3-4 months old and was regular from then, But at that time she was sleeping thru the night. Yes I've taken a pregnancy test and they were a week apart and both were negative.

So could this re-visiting of night nursing have suppressed my ovulation so I'm now not getting my period?

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I'm thinking yes, just anecdotally, because I must have been 'on the fence' hormonally for a while (from around 6 months to around a year) and if DS was nursing more than usual I wouldn't have a period, if he was nursing less than usual I would.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hasn't happened to me, but it makes perfect sense.

If you *want* your cycles back, you might consider Vitex (chasteberry) or other herbal supplements to regulate your hormones.

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
I am fairly certain that there has been a mother on MDC in the time I have been here that got AF back and then stopped again a couple months later for quite a while longer (8+ months I think).

I know I'd be sweating and taking pg tests, though :LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again...I did kinda sweat and take pregnancy tests..but the timing was all wrong and we're always careful(condoms) so I wasn't too worried...and although another baby would be great(!) we aren't planning to have any more. I would love a 4th in 2 years when dd is 3 going on 4 but dh is not in agreement and I feel I'm getting too old and I would then be over 35 YO. I know I know to a lot of people that isn't too old to be having babies but to me it is. So I can hope for an accident(which I've never had..all 3 are planned babies..right down to temp taking to hit ovuation) but can't plan another baby<sigh>

I guess I should be happy to get a break from my period...but now I'll never know when to expect it!

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
What everyone else said. After my first was born, I was ttc and charting my cycles. Even though AF had visited a few times at irregular intervals, I didn't ovulate regularly until almost two years post partum. Breastfeeding affects us all differently, and there is a huge range of what could be considered "normal"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.