Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if anything at least kind of lacy (as in with lace like gaps) can be knitted with a worsted weight yarn?

I have worsted weight yarn coming out of my ears and I want to make some stuff for me. I've seen some nice lacy kind of patterns that I like but they all call for pretty thin yarn. It there any possibility of doing something nice other then plan ol' knitting with worsted weight yarn?

I'm the kind of girl who runs cold so thicker yarns work better for keeping me warm as well. I know I'm not going to start to defrost until sometime in lat spring or early summer depending on what direction the weather here goes.

TIA

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Yeah, I've seen lots of patterns.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade View Post
the thing with lace is that you just have to keep the needle size in balance iwth the yarn size. So, for worsted weight, I'd use size 9-11 needles

OK I"m going to have to try my size 11 clickers then, size ten isn't cutting it (at least in my oppinion) with what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.