Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I need to install my RF Britax Advocate in a Honda Accord coupe if possible.  I tried the middle position, but it touches the seat back of the front seats.  I understand that this is not OK with an infant seat, is it also not OK with a convertible? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA</p>

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
<p>The advocate allows it, but you need to read your car owners manual to see if your car allows it.  Some cars with advanced airbags do not.  Check the child restraint section and the airbag section.  Good luck!</p>

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Hi! Thanks for your response.  I called Britax, and they told me that it could touch the seat, but my question now is, how much? Is any amount OK so long as the seat is at the correct angle?  (i.e. a light touch vs. one of the side knobs poking into my seat corner?</p>

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
<p>As long as your car manual doesn't prohibit it, you can brace a Britax seat.  Basically, you can install the seat, and slide the front seat back as far as you can make it click, as long as it doesn't change the angle of the car seat.  If you install, and use the RF tether, and then slide your seat back, it can't change the angle of the carseat, and you can have them really smashed together.</p>

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>Thanks! That helps a lot. :)</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts