Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds a little crazy, I know. But I am curious. I am 38 1/2 weeks and have really upped my RRL leaf tea infusions lately in anticipation of the birth. Since doing that, I have noticed much less BH's. In fact, I haven't felt ANY for the past few days (I usually have a lot at night after the kids are in the bed.. but not for the past few days.) Could it just be a coincidence, or could the RRL have this effect? I am going to skip my evening cup tonight and see what happens..

I think I have read somewhere before that it could have this effect, but I'm not sure where.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Not sure. I'm kind of curious though. I've never had any BH during any of my pgs. My 1st pg, I didn't drink any RRL, but I drank quite a bit for my 2nd, 3rd and now this baby. And nothing so far.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
I'm noticing the opposite effect, too many BH's. I had been drinking one cup a day for months now, for the past month I've been one big walking BH, I stopped drinking RRL a little over a week ago (ran out of tea), and now I've having just a couple a day.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I had the opposite as well - I started the RRL at 20 weeks with each of my pregnancies and noticed a lot of BH's throughout the day.

Do you think they could be slowing down temporarily right before your body gears up for labor and birth? Or maybe they are now happening while you sleep?

I know RRL doesn't promote contractions, it just tones the uterus, and it is supposed to have some relaxing effects on the body overall, so maybe it is the tea? Let us know what you notice tonight!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.