Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we're cleaning out the closet last night and DH finds DS's old vax record. We did do two vaxs significantly delayed (which pretty much made everyone miserable ~ me b/c I didn't really want to do it and the ped b/c it wasn't up-to-date/schedule)

Finally we ditched vaxing altogether (& the ped too!
).

Now, my question is ~ if we decide to send DS to public school, can we just say we dont vax PERIOD? Or can they go back and prove that at one time we gave him some vaxes???

we live in Texas, if that matters....

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
The immunization registry may have the information and the school would have access.

Depending on your child's age, when the registry was created in your state and what type of consent your state adopted, the school can find out from the immunization registry - you should opt out if your children are included on there. Actually, everyone should opt out.

Most registries do not require mandatory participation AND if the the provider is not a participant, nothing would be on there anyway. Regardless, you should opt out.

In your case, Texas is quite liberal when it comes to exemptions and your exemption would not be compromised.

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna
You can "find" religion at any time

-Angela
That is good because I am filing a religious exemption this year for my 8th grader. The school already has her vax record on file but I sure the hell am not going to get her any of the stupid vaccines they are trying to add to the list.

2nd chicken pox, HPV, Flu.. whatever. (I know some aren't mandated right now, but I am sure they will be soon.)
:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Also, what about the HIPAA (or HIPPA, I can't ever remember) laws? Wouldn't the vax registry have to have your consent to release medical information like vax status? Does anyone know that law well enough to know if that would be a factor that could play on "our" side?

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts