Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>When does an eviction go on a credit report?    Is it when the notice comes in the mail, or when the sheriff actuallly gets involved, or something else?     Thanks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
<p>I think it would go on your credit report when the debt from uncollected rent is turned over to a collection agency.</p>

·
Registered
372 Posts
<p>it will only go on your report if they choose to pursue it and hire someone that could and would report it.  the likelyhood of that happening in most cases is between slim and none.</p>

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
<p>Mine went about 45 days after I left the apartment.  It not only goes on the credit report it also shows on 'lexis nexis' (another background check type thing) and I CAN NOT find a decent place to rent fo r 60 months from the time it was reported. In my case the apts went to the local court to get the judgement (amount due) and then everything was downloaded from there.  The apt went to court to formally get me evicted for non payment.  I was willing to leave on my own and break the lease etc but the apts didnt want to do it that way, they had to get nasty  ugh.  I'm about 3 years out from the eviction and can NOT wait for it to 'fall off' my reports.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Most apartments/property mgnt companies have a legal department or someone they use and wrirting up an eviction isnt that difficult to do, nor is the court filing or reporting.</p>

·
Registered
372 Posts
<p>zebra, did you know you can get that taken off your report?  You need to visit credit boards (google it) and start reading</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts