Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or point me in the right direction? I just don't 'get' it. We use herbs as our first response to illness or injury, and I just don't get why people use homeopathics (I'm sorry!) I mean, they are wittled substances, down to nothing, supposed to 'kick' our bodies into fighting the illness/injury??? Sooo...why not use herbs at full force? I'm sorry, I want to understand!

· Registered
12,043 Posts
We all have different choices to make with regards to healing. IF herbs are working for you, I'd say stick with them. Maybe some day you'll want to use homeopathics, maybe not. No reason to force the issue. Use what you are drawn to-that will always be the most beneficial modality for you anyway, as far as I'm concerned.

For me, if you want a perspective I have found them to be more helpful than herbs (and I am a trained herbalist.) I also appreciate that they don't elicit a specific biochemical change in the body. I see them as being more respectful, more gentle and more effective. I don't have to worry about contraindications, I dont' have to be concerned about an allergic reaction and I know if the remedy didn't work I can move straight to the next one with very little concern.

That's my perspective. They aren't "watered down" versions of herbs. It's a totally different principle. It's one that works for us, so we use them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.