Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am hoping some expert charters/experienced mamas might be able to help me out here. I am definitely pregnant, but my cycles had been wacky ever since I got them back after my son's first birthday, and my OB said he'd set a due date by date of ovulation, but I don't have that date. (No excuses I know, especially for a mama with a well worn copy of TCOYF)

Anyway. Here's the scoop. My cycles used to be 28 days to the hour -- but once I got my period back after my son's birth, they have been between 21 and 24 days. I was having problems w/short luteal phases but took B6 for a few months which helped out.

My last period started the night of Thursday, Oct. 6 and ended by Sunday night, Oct. 10. My husband and I made love four days in a row (the middle two days had the best EWCM). I *think* those four days were Wed. Oct. 13-Sat. Oct. 16 but didn't write anything down and it could have been later than that (and maybe even started on Oct. 12). I felt tingling in my breasts the morning of Wed. Oct. 27 and had a pos. HPT on Friday. Oct. 29. I would have expected my period anytime from Oct. 28 to Nov. 1.

It takes at least 10 days from conception to implantation, right? So if I felt changes in my breasts on Oct. 27, does that mean the latest conception took place was Oct. 17? Should I go by that date? And is it possible to have EWCM just three days after the end of a period??

I would be so grateful for anyone who has thoughts on this. My husband and I talked about just having the OB go with my LMP, but realized that could end up with a later due date than expected (which I guess is the safer side to err on), but I was almost a week early with DS1 and if early this time, dont' want them to worry it's *too* early, IFYWIM.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lisa

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
OK, were those four days the only days you guys made love? If so, that narrows ovulation to the week of October 13th through the 20th. But probably more like from the 13th to the18th. And then I would think that ovulation was probably on the later side of that just because it would be rare to ovulate on CD8, yk? So here are the numbers:

13th- CD8 *
14th- CD9 *
15th- CD10 *
16th- CD11 *
17th- CD12
18th- CD13
19th- CD14

I would bet you ovulated on the 15th, since you had the best CM that day, but maybe it was the 16th. I guess there is a chance it was later, and you just missed the CM or it was obscured or something. But I think we are right. Unless you guys made love later? Were those four days the only days that month?

I guess I'm thinking the same thing as you, but that makes the most sense. I wish I could think of something else, I wonder if there is something I'm not thinking of.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, Mara

We didn't make love again until that last week in October which would have been too late for implantation, right (and I definitely didn't have any good mucous then) -- I remember we joked about it how "impressive" it was four days in a row, then nothing for a long time.

I definitely remember thinking it was too late the last day we made love -- the mucous had already changed (but figured it couldn't hurt.) The 15th seems likely to me, too -- that would allow enough time to feel my breasts tingly by the 27th, right?

And if anyone else has any other insights into this, feel free to pass them on. I'm kicking myself for not keeping track better -- I just didn't think it would happen so soon with such short periods (and for so long, such a short luteal phase).

Thanks!

Lisa

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Implantation doesn't necessarily take 10 days, this pregnancy I implanted on cd5 (which is actually normal for me) and got a positive HPT on CD9.
Keep in mind your best cm will usually be 12-24 hrs before you actually ovulate--as once you ovulate, it's essentially too late.
My guess was for the 16th. If you want to be sure, an U/S will be accurate with dating until about 11 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.