Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok 1st of all can someone proof my site? spelling errors? im the queen of typos lol. Anything i should/need to change?<br>
and 2ndly for those with sig advertising here, is it worth it?<br>
im adding the link to my site but if its not allowed please let me know and ill pm it to you<br><a href="http://www.littleboybluediapers.com" target="_blank">proof my site please?</a>

·
Super Moderator
22,695 Posts
The link didn't take me to your site. Is it <a href="http://www.littleboyblue.com?" target="_blank">www.littleboyblue.com?</a>

·
Super Moderator
22,695 Posts
Cool, thanks! Only misspelling I see is buy instead of by (the "thank you for stopping buy" at the end, unless you meant it as a play on words). There is also an apostrophe missing in you'd. Looks good!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Welcome! Thank you for stopping by! If I can assist you in any way please let me know!<br><br>
We have many specials coming up so check back often!<br><br>
Right now we are offering 15% off your total order of $10.00 or more using code new15<span style="color:#000080;">.</span><br><br>
Spending more than $50? Use code 20off50 for 20% off $50 AND free shipping!!<br><br>
Have a special fabric your<span>go ahead and say you are</span> wanting me to use? No problem! If you already own it let me know or if youd<span>you would</span> like me to buy it for you, I can do that also!<br><br>
Thank you for stopping buy! <span style="color:#0000FF;">by.</span></td>
</tr></table></div>
maybe not so many exclamation points. i briefly checked a couple of the pages and noticed that custom and topstitched are spelled wrong. will look more closely later.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Ok, I just glanced one more time.<br>
In the same paragraph as the previously mentioned mistake, there is a "youd" that should read "you'd".<br><br>
I am also thinking that the might need to be a comma in that sentence but I'm not certain yet. I'll have to look it up.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I am unable to copy your text in from the center box, so I am rewriting it how I would do it:<br>
Front page---<br>
Welcome to Little Boy Blue Diapers! Thank you for visiting my site. We offer frequent specials, so I encourage you to check back often. Right now, take 15% off your order of $10 or more using code new15. if you spend more than $50, use code 20off50 to receive 20% off AND free shipping. Do you have a specific fabric in mind that you don't see here? No problem; if you already have it, you can send it to me. If you'd like me to buy it, just let me know.<br>
Thanks again!<br><br>
In your side nav that shows what items you have, you need to be consistent with capitalization; the second word should either always be capitalized, as in a title, or always lower-case.<br><br>
Quillows and Pillows text--<br>
Pillows are twelve inches by twelve inches, but can be made larger or smaller to fit your needs. You may select any fabric I have instock. For a 12x12 pillow, the price is $6. Please email me for pricing on larger or smaller pillows.<br><br>
Quillows are a blanket that turn into a pillow when folded. A quillow is perfect for travel. I usually make them with fleece, but can use other fabric if you prefer. If you choose a knit or flannel, a layer of batting will be added. Fleece quillows are $12, and knit or flannel quillows are $14. Each quillow measures between two and three feet long. [THIS IS QUITE A RANGE, MAYBE TRY TO MAKE IT MORE SPECIFIC.]<br><br>
Hair tyes should be Hair Ties in side nav.<br><br>
Unless Birdseye is a trademarked name, like Kleenex, it should be lower-case.<br><br>
I would avoid abbreviations like approx. Just spell out all words.<br><br>
I didn't look through everything else.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Didn't have time to proofread, yet, but wanted to say that sig line is definitely worth it. Before I was really busy I'd get almost a sale from my site everytime I posted on MDC. I think people saw my sig and went to check out the store. If I was having a slow time I'd just come over and post some and start seeing sales.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just wanted to say your site is very cute! I think the sig package is worth it, especially if you keep up on the forums.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Siggie is worth it if you're an active poster. I'm not anymore so I wasn't going to renew it, but I did get lots of clicks and business from it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts