Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know what else to call them, and i'm pretty sure i found them on this forum. There are 7 PDF files...each one goes over a *potential* problem or variation of normal or possible emergency and how to handle it at home and when to transfer....there's one on breech, hemorrhage, conditions for emergency transfer, baby not breathing, SD, General Info (apgar, modified apgar for waterbabies, etc) and one sheet with where the info was from (books, etc). I have hard copies but i wanted to share the info with some other fellow UCers and didn't know where they were on the net.

Thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
thanks, it's forget-me-not from cafemom and I just posted a post yesterday looking for these.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
the one with what to do if the baby isn't breathing isn't a good idea-- I recommend taking a infant cpr class or learn the current basics like dry the baby off/stimulate> this works for many, if it doesn't clear airway, position and give puffs of air watch chest to see rise-- there is a little more to this but just to give you the basic idea

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwherbs View Post
the one with what to do if the baby isn't breathing isn't a good idea-- I recommend taking a infant cpr class or learn the current basics like dry the baby off/stimulate> this works for many, if it doesn't clear airway, position and give puffs of air watch chest to see rise-- there is a little more to this but just to give you the basic idea
:

The CPR sheet should be redone. It is NOT normal for a baby to not breathe for 3-4 minutes after birth. Not cry, yes, but baby should be breathing by one minute or artificial respiration should be started. The "see-saw" thing (bending and straightening the baby) is completely worthless.

Here's a good affordable CPR resource for UC parents. It costs $35.

http://www.aap.org/family/infantcpranytime.htm

From the web site:
The Infant CPR Anytime Personal Learning Program is a self-directed learning product that allows families, friends, grandparents, siblings, and others caring for infants to learn the core skills of infant CPR and relief of choking in just 22 minutes.

Each Infant CPR Anytime kit contains:

A personal, inflatable Mini-Baby™ CPR learning manikin
CPR Skills Practice DVD
Fold-out Quick Reference Guides (2 sizes)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.