Mothering Forum banner

Can Someone Tell Me How To Cope With This TTC Thing?

715 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Love2bamommy 
#1 ·
Hi ladies.

I joined mothering a few days ago. I am trying to conceive while I know I have a lot of odds against me. For starters, I have a hypothyroid (finally under control). I was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus via intravaginal ultrasound. My GYN also says that I have a tilted cervix.

I have been on clomid for the last 4 months. If I don't get pregnant this time. I will move on to something else. I am an only child so it has been my dream to have at least 3 children. Inspite of being an only child, my mother has 5 siblings and I am in aw of their closeness and want that for my kids.

This has also been hard on my DH because loves kids and wants his own. He worships his two nieces. Every once in a while I see him looking at their pictures and sighs.

Can any of you ladies tell me what they do to help you get through the 2ww? I feel lost. Any advice would be great.

2whistle.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
I wish I could tell you it gets better... but for me it hasnt'. TTC my first, took almost 1.5 years and a miscarriage along the way. Many rounds of clomid. I wished I give up, but that wasn't possible because all I ever wanted was kids.

We're now ttc our second, and it's been a year, with ANOTHER miscarriage along the way. Once again I'm on clomid. This is my 11 round, total. So like a year on clomid. Lots of money wasted. Sigh.

In the very least, I hope you feel less alone. This ttc thing can be awful. But do know that fertility treatments are very succesful for most. What dose of clomid are you on? Maybe you need a higher dose. Do they know if you're ovulating on it?

#4 ·
I've never found a way to make it easier. We're on a break from clomid cycles right now. It took us 6 years to conceive ds - we're 8 mos into ttc for #2. Every cycle I tell myself I'm going to relax about it but I just can't seem to actually do that. It's always so devastating when af arrives.

#5 ·
Lifeguard I can only imagine your frustration because you have and are wondering why the next pregnancy isn't happening yet. I feel like even if I had one at this point would be better than none. I lie to myself because I know I want more.

I got the TCOYF book with the CD. I am trying to make sure that I am charting everything correctly. DH jokes and says that when we do have them he is going to tell them that I obsessed night and day. Guess he is right

dust.gif
Baby dust to all of us. Maybe this holiday season our wishes will be granted!

#6 ·
I don't have much to say about the TTC for long times, but I did want to comment on the bicornuate uterus. I have a bicornuate uterus (diagnosed a few years ago via ultrasound). I carried my son full term (39 weeks exactly). He was born at just under 9 pounds and perfectly healthy
love.gif
We found out about my bicornuate uterus 4 years *after* ds was born (had an ultrasound due to a missing IUD). I just wanted to chime in with a positive story for you!

#7 ·
My friends and family and DH all say that I should relax. How can I relax when the one thing that I want the most (children) just is not happening.

Ofcourse all of the friends who have said it already has two or three kids.

Who knows maybe our wishes will come true this holiday season.
praying.gif

#9 ·
Nope, not at all. In fact, I was working as a nanny at the time so I was caring for another wee one (who was 14 months old when my ds was born). I also worked at a Subway on weekends so I really had no down/rest time at all. During that pregnancy we had no idea I had a bicornuate uterus.

Now we know about it and we just started TTC. I recently talked to my new doctor about it (I moved since I had my ds so I have a new dr now). He went over the risks involved but was very positive and explained that he's seen many women who have a bicornuate uterus and they've carried babies to term. He explained to me that the greatest trouble I might have isn't going to be conceiving, but in not miscarrying. He explained that it totally depends on where the baby implants. If the baby implants on the wall that runs down the middle of the uterus then it will always miscarry because there isn't a good blood supply in that wall. If the baby implants on the outside then there's a much greater chance of carrying that baby to term. If the baby implants at the very top by one of the "heart" sections, there's a chance s/he won't be able to get in a head down position because there won't be enough room to turn.

But, like I said, I had my ds. He was full term. He was head down and there were no problems at all
smile.gif

#10 ·
Just wanted to say that both my sister and I have a bicornuate uterus. It took one "try" to get pregnant with DS, and my sister's pregnancy was a "surprise" just one month after she and her BF got back together.
pinktongue.gif
DS was born with an unrelated birth defect, but was otherwise healthy and head down until delivery. We discovered the septum in my uterus during one of many ultrasounds (they wanted me to have them often because of his issues). My nephew was also healthy, but was transverse and my sister did require a c-section because of that. They discovered her septum during her c-section.

I am a bit worried now because we haven't done too much to prevent getting pregnant over the last few years. You'd think we'd have had an "oops" of our own at some point.
wink1.gif
We are actively trying now though, so I guess we'll see how it goes!

#11 ·
Steph, Wow! That's terrific! I have been charting so now according to the chart I am in the 2ww. I pray that it is positive and also pray that the baby implants where he/she should.

Honestly, I am terrified because the doctor told me I have a couple of more things against me other than the bicornuate uterus. So I guess I just have to wait and see. Its nice to know that people have had healthy babies with the bicornuate uterus.

Urchin_grey, I have you in my prayers. You seem really positive and it is inspiring. I think if these websites didn't exist, we'd be bouncing off the walls (literally)
jumpers.gif

Success to all of us in conceiving this cycle.
goodvibes.gif

Besides, DH is sick of baby making sex (lol). I think at this point he'd rather watch paint dry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.