Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My four month old is a wreck! She's definately teething (drool EVERYWHERE, tiny dot-of-a-toothbud sprouted, gnawing on her fist) so I'm wondering if that could be why she's completely stopped napping...for awhile I was getting between four and five hours a day out of her (and an eleven to twelve hour night); now I'm lucky if she naps for an hour and half. Needless to say, by nighttime, she's a sobbing mess. She'll fall asleep only after an hour or more of dancing/nursing and then she'll wake up screaming after half an hour or so. It's now 9:45 pm where I am and she's still awake (we've been trying every sleep-enticing thing we can think of since 7:30). What's a mama to do?

·
Registered
86 Posts
My five month old is going through the same things. I've heard that teething is cyclical with several good days followed by painful ones.

She seems to need more closeness: sleeping with her during naps and lots of time in the sling. Dh and I go walking from 7:45 to 9:00ish at night as the fresh air and wind in the trees seems to take the edge off of Dd. Plus, crying outside doesn't make me feel so panicky and clausterphobic.

When she's just inconsolable during the day, I start her out on a shady walk and then plop her in the stroller for a mobile snooze.

Have you consulted a naturopath for some homeopathic assistance?

I'm not sure that I can give any sort of more specific advice than that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, and the neediness. I couldn't put her down all day yesterday without tears and last night she was a puddle of sweat because she had to sleep right up against me. She kept us both up most of the night because she was sleeping so lightly that the slightest movement set her off (she does this funky back arch/leg kick/arm wave thing WHILE sleeping that shakes the whole bed).

I do have some homeopathic tablets that seem to help a little - they've minimized the sudden outbursts of screaming - but they haven't done much for returning to a sane nap schedule.

Well, even if I can only get one nap out of her today, I'll be zonked as soon as her eyes close!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
When my 9 month old teethes it is really rough. She gets off her nap schedule and she must be held all day long or she won't sleep at all. The past 5 days has been really rough on me, she sleeps most of the day and had a high fever but only if she is in my arms will she sleep and she only wants the sling part of the time.

Last night the fever broke and she would let me put her down but she barely napped at all, probably because she slept so much the previous days. She was up at night crying again so I held her and tried to get her back to sleep again. Teething is rough on some kids
s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.