Mothering Forum banner

Can teething do this?

480 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pilesoflaundry 
#1 ·
My four month old is a wreck! She's definately teething (drool EVERYWHERE, tiny dot-of-a-toothbud sprouted, gnawing on her fist) so I'm wondering if that could be why she's completely stopped napping...for awhile I was getting between four and five hours a day out of her (and an eleven to twelve hour night); now I'm lucky if she naps for an hour and half. Needless to say, by nighttime, she's a sobbing mess. She'll fall asleep only after an hour or more of dancing/nursing and then she'll wake up screaming after half an hour or so. It's now 9:45 pm where I am and she's still awake (we've been trying every sleep-enticing thing we can think of since 7:30). What's a mama to do?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, and the neediness. I couldn't put her down all day yesterday without tears and last night she was a puddle of sweat because she had to sleep right up against me. She kept us both up most of the night because she was sleeping so lightly that the slightest movement set her off (she does this funky back arch/leg kick/arm wave thing WHILE sleeping that shakes the whole bed).

I do have some homeopathic tablets that seem to help a little - they've minimized the sudden outbursts of screaming - but they haven't done much for returning to a sane nap schedule.

Well, even if I can only get one nap out of her today, I'll be zonked as soon as her eyes close!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.