Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newly potty trained DD (2.5) had a UTI at the end of Oct. Bad smelling pee, fever, positive culture, blood in urine. Never complained of pain. Gave her abx. because I knew she had already had the infection for over a week.

A month later she randomly got a fever, and I thought it was the start of another one. Fever went away, no other symptoms.

Yesterday she got another fever. Otherwise acting fine. Today she only went pee 2x. But she has never complained of pain or anything. DH thought he smelled funny pee, but the last time I smelled it it was ok. Fever went away.

SO, can the fever properly fight off the UTI? Should I not bother with worrying and calling the Dr.? I do not want to have to keep putting her on abx., but I know UTIs can have serious consequences if left untreated. PLUS she is a NIGHTMARE to give meds to. I have been letting her srink some natural non-diluted cranberry juice.

TIA.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.