Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a flowering cherry trees that line the front sidewalk of our house. They are approx. 15 years old (we just bought the house 2 years ago) and are beautiful in the spring.

Yesterday, my dh's friend had parked his car in front of one and as he was leaving, the top clipped a part of a large branch and it split all the way down to the trunks bottom. It is still attached and we are wondering, if we can save the tree?

My dh and I are both rookies when it comes to gardening, but he tied the branch up, so it is being supported, but is there anything else we can do to help mend the tree?

Thanks~

Lisa

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I'd probably ask a few certified arborists to come out & give you an estimate. Around here they come out, take a look, tell you if & how it's fixable & give you an estimate for if they were to do the work for you. Even if you don't plan to have them do it, at least that way you'll have an knowledgable person's assessment of the damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.