Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my first two I mostly used prefolds and thirsties covers. With a few pocket diapers trickled in and then used GDiapers at the end with my youngest.
So what is considered good to use now? or resell able? Any suggestions? All I saved from my first 2 are the refolds as they don't have pul and elastic that breaks down over time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I found GroVia when I was researching CDing for my first and am so happy with their products and company ethics. Their diapers have great resell value as well. I have mostly used the hybrid shells with snap in inserts but started using the O.N.E. (a customizable all in one) diaper for overnights with great success and and will be using their NB AIO's and prefolds for my newest squish coming this month.

If you like hook and loop covers, they offer a snap replacement program for just $5 per shell that will replace the worn out h&l with snaps so you can keep using them and they have great tutorials on how to replace the elastics as well, though there are lots of people out there who will do it for you at a reasonable cost. I haven't had to use them yet, but I have heard the customer service is awesome as well, even just for troubleshooting.

They have a facebook page for the company, GroVia Families, as well as a B/S/T page you can join. I am just in love with GroVia, lol! ;)

(Sorry for not providing links but I'm late for work!)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got a whole mess of different diapers, but we share paid laundry facilities with 38 other units so I really prefer the prefolds/covers (also a big fan of Thirsties). If laundry were more convenient I'd love more of the GroVia diapers!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Good resell on covers... I vote bumgenius prints in the flip style, it's a cover with snaps. The only hitch is that to get them in prints you either have to buy used / new from a collector over retail, or, get into stalking their Facebook pages and website for them to be listed (the prints go fast, flips are the most desirable diaper style too so you have only an hour or so for each site to snag them, sometimes just minutes). But they resell for retail plus shipping when you are done (that's if you really use the heck out of em, otherwise more) so it's worth it. thirsties covers work great but have a moderate resale value so I would get them used or on sale (they clearance out every summer so check around) because it's not as much of a market, but you can likely get $3-7 back per cover depending on colors and prints (again, more if they don't get used into oblivion, but not much more). I have heard that best bottoms are really nice covers, they are easy to find cheap used too so maybe look into those.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback!
I just got a lot of 5 Thirsties covers for $30, so I guess that's a great start. I think I'll get a few pockets for overnight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts