Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Motherhood one. Mil was doing the paying and since Motherhood has the only local plus sizes, I got a bra. Now, at 6 mos, the right cup won't stay snapped and it looks right stressed out!
I was thinking bravado but it rolls up?
: Dh says it looks like the right one has grown and was askin if I could pump to get the milk out.
I *was* a 42E, so I'm not small. Any suggestions!
:

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
wannabe-I've struggled to find comfy bras for both of my pregnancies. Last time I got two Mothewear sleep bras that I really liked for nursing (and i'm wearing now at 34 weeks preggers as the boobs get bigger!). But I am not too large to begin with (about 36C). So, if you have a larger bust,they might not be great.

Also, I purchased a Bravado that does the EXACT same thing-the elastic rolls up and it makes me crazy. I've heard from a few others that this happens. This is disappointing b/c they are really comfy.

So, this time for early nursing months I have ordered two Glamourmoms nursing tanks. You can wear them under clothes or alone. I've heard GREAT things about them. Haven't rec'vd them yet, but I'm sooo looking forward to getting them.

So, perhaps think about going the tank route? Or checking out Motherwear. Hope you find one you like!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I ordered a couple of "Fancee Free" nursing bras from Breakout Bras and they fit great. I like them so much more than the bravados.

I used their measuring system and came up with a completely different size than what I had been wearing (I was wearing a 42 D and by their system I need a 38 H). The support is so much better and they've held up really well.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The two that I have are the Fancee Free Extra Support Nursing Bra and the Fancee Free Support Molded Seamless Softcup Nursing Bra. I got those two because they were the first ones I found that came in the size I needed.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
daednu-I thought I was the only one, too. Everyone was raving about them. And if that d#$%$ elastic didn't roll up, it would be just fine. I know someone who sells them and she has gotten teh same complaint from a few people, too. I hate spending $$$ on stuff, getting all excited about it, then just tucking it away in a drawer never to be seen again. And they aren't cheap, either!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Exactly - they aren't cheap!
I had great luck with the Leading Lady black bras from the Mothewear site.
I'll be interested in hearing what you have to say about the Glamourmom tanks. I've been thinking about those for a few months and wondering if they're worth the money.

~Daednu

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
FYI: They have Glamourmom knock-offs at Target, I hear. For much cheaper, and you get to try them on first.

Not in my size, though. I need some support for these mega-mams. I'm a 36DD right now, with 3 months left to grow!

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bravado ain't cheap, so I'm glad I saw that in the listing! I hear all the raves so when this one starting failing, I thought the best of course! Funny tho, maybe the convention had it stressed out; b/c after it was over its stayed snapped.

I guess I'll focus on a bathing suit I'll need in a bit and come back to the bras. I was thinking the tanks;but I'd probably wear a bra under it b/c I just can't see a tank holding up these bulugas!

Thanks mamas! Keep up the recs tho. I'll need to change to a nursing one at some point. Motherhood said I'd be a 42F
: then!
:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Letia-
THat's what they said to me last time (I was a DD in my last trimester of my last pregnancy, too.) but I never went up once my milk was fully in and established. The initial engorgement period was rough, and I'm sure my breasts were at least that big, but they quickly went back down to my normal DD and stayed there the whole time I pumped.

I would avoid buying up in sizes in nursing bras. Go and get fitted when your milk is established, IMO.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah...I think they say that wait til your milk comes in. (who wants to trapse to the mall with a nb
: ) And maybe it was Amy talking about the fluctuations and that they won't stay the larger size for long and they will go down. (oooh! the grammar
: ) I've actually only bought one maternity bra. I was looking for some more tho, and then with the snaps popping. I'm not sure that I'll go with another Motherhood front snap even tho the snaps are staying now.

I'm not sure what my next move will be right now...I figure I should stop maternity purchasing at this point with 3 months to go.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Daednu et al-I'll let you know how the Glamourmoms work out. Yes, they ain't cheap, either (what a racket!). But when I'm pregnant I feel the need to splurge. DH on the other hand isn't so sure about the splurging...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hi, Letia--

IMHO, this is the most awesome of all nursing bras for the well endowed (I'm a 36H-K (depending on the brand) so, I oughta know!):

Mava bra

It is both lightweight and gives great support. I threw out my Goddess and Fancee Free bras when I got these. I even still wear them even though my dd no longer nurses during the day. They aren't cheap, but comparable in price to Fancee Free and the like. Plus they go up to size 44K! They have a really helpful questionaire on their website

Try not to be too intimidated by the fact you have to order from England--shipping is still only about $6 and I've gotten mine in a week or so.

For non-nursing bras, my favorites are by Fantasie of England, I don't have a link but if you google it I'm sure you can find them.

And you thought finding maternity clothes was hard.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.