Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing!!!! I'm so super excited about hitting third trimester!

Is it 27 weeks or 28 weeks? I have heard both.

Either way, it totally made this pregnancy even more real. The finish line is not far away ladies!

· Registered
6,778 Posts
I was also thinking the exact same thing this morning. The 2nd trimester just flew by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCMama01 View Post
Is it 27 weeks or 28 weeks? I have heard both.
I don't know -- I'm just counting back 3 months from my due date. I was surprised to realize that it's only a few days away. I'll be 27 weeks at that point.

· Registered
776 Posts
I've been freaking out about that!
This week, things were starting to get slightly uncomfortable, and it occurred to me that this was probably the beginning of the end rather than an off week because I'm almost 27 weeks. Oh well...it probably would be harder to be done with being pregnant if it felt awesome all the way up until the end!

· Registered
1,135 Posts
It is crazy how fast this pregnancy is going... it is flying by!!

I'm actually glad I'm due at the very end of the month, I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow, so I still have a few weeks till my 3rd trimester. I'm NOT ready!!!

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudbutterfly View Post
:
Same here!

I think most sources say 28 weeks is the start of the 3rd trimester, but if you were to divide 40 by 3, the 3rd trimester would start at 26.66666 = 27 weeks.

· Registered
95 Posts
I'm only 24 weeks (well, almost), but every week it amazes me that I'm more than halfway there, and now that I think about almost being in the third trimester, it blows my mind. I think I'm still in the "oh my god I'm pregnant!" stage.

· Registered
2,121 Posts
I'm just about 25 weeks and my belly is starting to feel heavy and cumbersome already . . . I still feel like my due date is a looong way off, but three and a half months really isn't a long time! I haven't done a thing to get ready for this baby yet. To be honest I haven't even thought about it much!

· Registered
331 Posts
The thing that is blowing my mind is that at 23 weeks I am only a week away from the age of viability. Of course I want my son to grow quite a bit longer, and I'm nowhere near ready for his arrival, and that early "viability" comes with a big risk of death and disability and the certainty of medical trauma, but still (and especially after having miscarried in February) it is amazing to me that chances are I will be having a real live baby!

· Registered
470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beep View Post
The thing that is blowing my mind is that at 23 weeks I am only a week away from the age of viability. Of course I want my son to grow quite a bit longer, and I'm nowhere near ready for his arrival, and that early "viability" comes with a big risk of death and disability and the certainty of medical trauma, but still (and especially after having miscarried in February) it is amazing to me that chances are I will be having a real live baby!
I completely understand, ever since I was almost 24 weeks, I've been quoting to my SO the likelihood of a live baby. I just find it so amazing how dramatically my baby's chances of survival became over the past couple of weeks! That, combined with being just shy of hitting third trimester, has made this all seem real...finally. (Sorry to hear about your loss in February.
)

I'm going to go with 27 weeks since it's when I hit 3 months from my due date (thanks Brisen!).

· Registered
488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ithappened View Post
I have so much to do and yet I have no idea what I need to be doing! I keep thinking we should be getting ready for the baby and then I sort of go deer-in-headlights and freeze up.
:
a big draw-back here has been money. We still need to fix our furnace and finish insulating our house. We only have a few more months!

· Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I was also wondering about the end of 2nd vs beginning of 3rd question just yesterday. Great minds think alike

I too feel as if I should be getting more things done but there isn't much to do. I've got all the nb cd's we're going to need and have begun working on size small. We have a small stash of sposies and wipes. I've been working off and on sewing/knitting wipes and have a spare container and solution.
Between things my mother sent and things we already had or have purchased, we have about 6 months worth of clothes.

I've been working mostly on organizing and cleaning the past couple of weeks. I suppose it's time for nesting but I really need to work a little more on homebirth supplies.
OH! And, I want to get to Babies R Us to exchange our car seat for 20% off a new one. That's the next big one on my list.

· Registered
842 Posts
I'm just about 25 weeks so I'm *almost* there.

I'm so not ready, I could use another second trimester.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.